Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

https://griplockties.com/ zip ties that are rubber lined to not chafe wires, etc. Invented by that dude who builds planes mostly out of carbon fiber on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Also be aware of the people behind you though. If someone at the light is checking their phone or whatever they may just gun it when they see a green light out of the corner of their eye.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Steakandchips posted:

Slavvy, you'll be glad to know that once I get my car driving license (doing the theory test in May, then some lessons after, hopefully should have it by August or September), I intend to buy a car that costs no more than £500. Bangernomics, as they say here.

Maybe something like this:

I don't give two shits what it looks like, nor its performance.

The car will exist for 2 reasons, the main one being taking the cats to the vets once or twice a year, and the 2nd reason being random poo poo like airport runs once a year or carrying lots of crap from a gardening centre home.

Why buy and not rent if it's seeing use three times a year?

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

When I bought my r1250r, it felt completely unstallable. Then I tried to take off fully loaded with luggage uphill into an intersection, and stalled because I was used to not caring. School bike was a Honda Hornet, so I ought to have learned better from the very start.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Ride with the boots further back on the pegs, move them forward to shift or brake.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

It's pretty small in cross section, nothing like a GoPro. It doesn't stick that much further out than my Sena control unit. A camera mounted and wired directly to the bike is less work to keep using, but also extremely stealable.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

bizwank posted:

That all just sounds much easier to me then having something on the side of my helmet that I have to remember to turn on/off, remove and charge, etc.

Turning it on/off became a habit very quickly as I do it when I put on / take off my helmet. As for charging, I have two charging cables where I store my helmet at home, and just plug one in the camera, one in the Sena when I put my helmet there. I think a system wired to the bike can work great, but SD card corruption is a real thing that will happen after a time and if you forget about the system being there you'll probably forget to check for SD card corruption.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Let's see if the chip shortage lasts long enough for motorcycle companies to engineer fewer microprocessors into their vehicles. We may yet see a return to analog dials and cable throttles.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

If the hill is steep enough, the front brake won't hold the bike still. This was instilled in me by my riding instructor who knew exactly where in town such a hill existed and took me there to practice hill starts. When I tried with only the front brake the front tire started skidding backward.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Legislation depends on legislation. As long as motorcycle licensing doesn't require the hundreds of hours on a motorbike it takes to develop both judgement and also instinctual brake behaviour that isn't "I need to stop right giving now let's just squeeze the lever as hard as possible", mandatory ABS makes sense to prevent a certain amount of accidents.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Russian Bear posted:

What's so strange about leather pants at lunch?

Some people don't eat animal by-products like leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Nobody can help you about bike insurance if we don't know what country you live in.