Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Got my permit, going to try round 2 of the safety program this weekend. If I fail again, I won't have a problem just practicing the DMV test, which is loads easier than the safety program test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
3' staggered cone weave and the emergency swerve were it for me. I got too nervous and hit all the cones. It was also 97 F outside. This weekend it should be closer to 83.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I passed the safety program! Now to study for my class C renewal to get my license. Was thinking of looking for a bike at the end of the year when prices start going down.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

When my license comes in I'm actually planning to take the harder courses because they were actually pretty fun. Not sure if there's any other incentives such as lower insurance or something if I take them.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Got my new 2023 Indian Scout ABS. Rode it for the first time today and managed to not drop the bike or scare myself! :toot: I did find myself driving about 5 under the speed limit and I was waddling up to the traffic lights, but the locals in Hollister gave me a break. Very fun bike to ride. Now I need to overcome my fears of backing out of my sloped driveway. Absolutely terrified when backing out of the trailer I hauled it in on. Lost my footing but didn't drop the bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Slavvy posted:

This your first bike...?

yes
I drove on the freeway and didn't panic. I did almost eat curb when I pulled a U-turn after getting off. More parking lot time for me.