Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011
I did my MSF on a TW, it's a cool looking bike with big fat tires that you don't see that often. The most modern thing on it is the electric start. I did my test in November in a freezing wind so learning how to use the choke was mandatory. I loved how light it was, It ran over the 'bumps' you're supposed to stand up for like it was nothing. If you get on the throttle it will lift the front tire, but way slower than the the Yamaha dual sport others were riding.

The Bad. The seat is hard as gently caress. Maybe that's a dirt bike thing but I got tired just sitting in the saddle. The single cylinder goes bub bub bub bub and rattles your genitals until you finally get to go, and then do it again. *ugh*. The brakes are awful with a drum rear, and you have to grip the front brake like your life depends on it, because it does. The levers and switchgear are cheap and you're going to break something, no wreck required.

I kind of want one, Just for the big tires and low rpm torque the engine has. It's a shiftable scooter that can go offroad, and is probably a nice inner city bike, but the bub's, you're going to feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU