Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lezyne makes wonderfully high-quality bicycle pumps, both floor and portable. i already had them from years of cycling and they've been enough that i haven't bothered buying anything electric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

one thing thats kind of a curveball for me is carburetors, i have literally never owned a car with a carb and carbs are a whole rear end category of maintainance and tune-up that essentially doesn't exist for anything fuel injected

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

builds character posted:

I’ve always found this quite helpful when dealing with carbs.

great newbie thread content right here

now if i can only find the trapezoids on my carb

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

one thing we can all count our blessings about is that motorcycles never got those absolutely hosed malaise era emissions carbs with o2 sensors and poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

statist liberals telling me i cant buttchug electrons

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if nothing else you can buy it for like $24/quart at the hardware store

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

get on my level, my first drop was when i thought i was in neutral at a red light and when i let go of the clutch the motorcycle shook loose the bonds of my crotch and went off to be free

e: wait, no, that was drop two. drop one was trying to climb a steep rutted dry wash, stalling, and eating poo poo.

three was taking a 15mph turn at the posted limit but it was covered in pea gravel so i lowsided despite my diligent speed.

thats all so far i think. falls in mud or trying to learn to wheelie don't count imo, even if they do contribute to my shift lever and plastics being all hosed up

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 22, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

having a bike that's under 300lb wet certainly has made me more cavalier about dropping it, for better or worse

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Nerobro posted:

solenoids and vacuum tube arrays

Before they went EFI, dirtbikes had a choke, and a hot start lever.

euro 3 legal, carburated, 2 strokes

a vacuum activated fuel passage

freakin yikes

blessings overcounted; statement retracted

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

And then I'd look at adjacent parking spaces with much larger trucks, lifted 18 inches. Lol. What does anyone use these for???

want to look cool, not actually cool enough to ride a motorcycle

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i mean, there's a reason nearly every pickup available now is a sedan with an automatic. putting poo poo in the bed isn't the goal

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i really need to get mirrors good for more than satisfying a legal technicality

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

but lawdy, SxS are 10x worse than regular cars

this old dude i know who does a lot of volunteer trail work told me once he only clears treefalls wide enough to let motorcycles through lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

yeah people learn on big fat cruisers all the time. you could do a lot worse. ill bet it makes grasping countersteering a little more intuitive, given that you aren't doing much turning without it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

went to start my bike for the first time after sitting in the winter monsoon weather, and not only is the battery stone-dead, the starter switch stuck in and i can't get it out! i guess time to take it apart and clean it? dielectric grease maybe?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

cleaned the starter button and it stopped binding. jumped the battery and it fired up. i'm going to change the oil before i let myself off the leash but im stoked

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

one of us! one of us!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

replaced the battery and air filter, changed the oil, tightened the chain to the specified amount of slack, then completely forgot to use the chain lube i bought

rode 25 miles of winding mountain gravel roads anyway. first ride this spring. fuckin rules. hope my chain is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

fixing a broken bolt beats the hell out of fixing stripped threads. i'd bet the soft bolts are them being like "nobody is ever going to torque this to spec, and the case is aluminum, so make the bolt of spun sugar"