Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IT GETS BETTER
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/833543308861460480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Remember when the Kings signed a bunch of vets to short contracts to make a playoff run in their new arena, were in the ballpark of pulling it off, then they blew it all up?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Remember when the Kings signed a bunch of vets to short contracts to make a playoff run in their new arena, were in the ballpark of pulling it off, then they blew it all up?

"Man, if we can pull in some temporary vets to make a push for the 8th seed, maybe we can make Cousins happy and convince him to stay....oh poo poo he's happy and wants to stay"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Remember when we couldn't decide which organization was worse, the Knicks or the Bulls?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

Remember when we couldn't decide which organization was worse, the Knicks or the Bulls?

Sacramento was like...hold my craft beer

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
does Vlade still smoke?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Noctone posted:

boogie finding his way to a good team has been one of my deepest-held sports wishes

It's a shame for you that he's gone to the Pelicans then.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Away all Goats posted:

What's that gotta do with the present

I respect vivek now, he obviously wanted nothing to do with the supermax and set a plan to get rid of him while lying to his face the whole time so boogie couldn't poison the koolaid before leaving and the second cousins is out of town for a week he pulled the trigger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

I would have missed Randle, but this would have been cool too

Probably a better offer if we actually had a pick to offer this decade

Yeah, same.

Really, I could've accepted Ingram going too just to keep Magic away even if Cousins really left year after next.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

sba posted:

does Vlade still smoke?

He's smoking something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sba posted:

does Vlade still smoke?

California did just legalize weed so maybe not cigs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I respect vivek now, he obviously wanted nothing to do with the supermax and set a plan to get rid of him while lying to his face the whole time so boogie couldn't poison the koolaid before leaving and the second cousins is out of town for a week he pulled the trigger

:lol: if this was the best deal they had before the koolaid was poisoned

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jeez. And I thought Toronto robbed Orlando, that was mere child's play.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade: "Hmm, you think any of these contending teams can use a decent shooting, energy guy who can play the 3 and 4 and is on a decent contract? Nah gently caress that just toss him in with NO because we gotta make room"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jeez. And I thought Toronto robbed Orlando, that was mere child's play.

I understood Orlando's move. They clearly don't have a loving long term plan, but I get the move now.

This is an awful deal for Sacramento.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sacramento is run by the AI from NBA 2k6

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Magic: Well geeze you traded two second round picks for Dwight Howard BUT WHERE'S BOOGIE? You're fired Mitch, say hello to the new GM.
Byron Scott: Hello.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Ummm everything because this is a godawful trade for Sacramento

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I guess if Embiid doesn't play enough minutes to qualify Buddy has a shot at ROY. In 100 years looking back if they traded for the 2017 ROY it won't seem that bad.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: that like a week ago we were talking about NO trading for Okafor because they were desperate for any kind of talent

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

So they traded a player who wanted to stay and lied to the player and to the media about wanting to trade him and then got a real lovely return

well at least new orleans will be fun

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The funny thing to me is that it's such a bad deal I'm wondering if this was some crazy impulse decision since the deadline isn't till Thursday. Bill Simmons is going to kill himself because Boston could have made a way better offer, and hell I'm sure so could have four other teams.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

I guess if Embiid doesn't play enough minutes to qualify Buddy has a shot at ROY. In 100 years looking back if they traded for the 2017 ROY it won't seem that bad.

I will tell people the truth

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Do we think Vivek just took whatever New Orleans offered because it meant he saved money on not having to charter a plane back to Sacramento for Boogie?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: Grant is in Company Man form right now
https://twitter.com/GrantNapearshow/status/833545061509980160

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

tanglewood1420 posted:

It's a shame for you that he's gone to the Pelicans then.

my bar for "good" is pretty low (i.e. not being an organization dumb enough to trade away one of the best players in the league for peanuts)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:rip: The Pick

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm not going to be all "they lost a fan" because I already went down that road several years ago. It just is an awful addition to Vlade's legacy as the worst GM this side of Isiah Thomas.
They're never on TV where I can watch them suck anyway.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

attackmole posted:

The funny thing to me is that it's such a bad deal I'm wondering if this was some crazy impulse decision since the deadline isn't till Thursday. Bill Simmons is going to kill himself because Boston could have made a way better offer, and he'll I'm sure so could have four other teams.

This was for sure an impulse trade

Plus they have to waive/trade another player, this is just the tip of the yikesberg

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Remember when the Kings gave away like all their picks and then decided to tank?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I KNOW WHO WRITES MY PAYCHECKS
https://twitter.com/GrantNapearshow/status/833544293973323776

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The real winners are the season ticket holders, gonna make $$$

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Do we think Vivek just took whatever New Orleans offered because it meant he saved money on not having to charter a plane back to Sacramento for Boogie?

"Uhh . . . all the Business Class seats are taken . . . this is going to require an upgrade to Business Class Plus to get him home"

"gently caress, trade him!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

I understood Orlando's move. They clearly don't have a loving long term plan, but I get the move now.

This is an awful deal for Sacramento.

Yeah at least Orlando can say they're blowing it up and they're saving money. I don't know what the gently caress the plan is in Sac-town. They'd better hope Buddy Hield starts shooting like his surname is Curry, or that they get lucky in the draft. Otherwise they're hosed.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

W e l p.

Silver lining for Kings fans.

At least ya'll have a franchise still. I'd rather root for a crappy franchise then not have one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

So they traded a player who wanted to stay and lied to the player and to the media about wanting to trade him and then got a real lovely return

well at least new orleans will be fun

Maybe the goal was just to gently caress Cousins over, the compensation is a bonus.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: that little poo poo who runs Cowbell Kingdom who Cousins hated for being a hack is retweeting all of Grant's company line tweets

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Yeah the amazing center surrounded by trash-rear end players wasn't working. Let's try a team full of trash-rear end players instead, but midseason so we can't even tank properly.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
How the gently caress does a trade THIS bad happen? Weren't the kings the one who drafted evans in the first place then let him for nothing? I just....wow this is so stupid. I'm really glad i'm not a kings fan right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/833545473772384256

"Alright man, I'm not going to lie to you - we are getting some super lovely offers for Boogie and we're desperate to move him. But can we at least have a second first rounder?"
".....no."
"Fine, deal"

• Locked thread