Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I loved watching DMC play for the Kings and am glad I got to see him play in the new arena before he was traded. He was an incredible player and always spoke so highly of the Sacramento community and wanting to make it his home for the rest of his life. Trading him away makes me pretty sad but trading him away for THAT is loving heart-breaking. Cousins was the first Kings jersey I had bought in years and might be the last for a while. A Cauley-Stein jersey would be sweet but I can't bring myself to spend money on the Kings for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
on the bright side, magic johnson's lakers GM career might make divac look good in retrospect

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

"i love it here in new orleans"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

League insiders say the appointment was, for all intents and purposes, an edict of then-NBA commissioner David Stern (the listed address for the new Golden 1 Center is 500 "David J. Stern Walk"), though the league maintains that partnership agreements are drawn up by the ownership group itself. Sources say that Ranadive lobbied heavily for Stern's favor, citing his experience as a minority owner of the Warriors and touting an "NBA 3.0" platform that promised to transform the Kings into a global, digitally integrated force.

NBA 3.0

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So, I wonder what the odds are that the Pels/Rockets game on Thursday gets flexed out to TNT

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

And yet didn't trade for Melo, smh

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I love it here in New Orleans :)

Looking away from the Sacramento trainwreck, Boogie and the Brow being good in a cool city would be insanely fun. I hope it works out.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I would be openly celebrating if the Pistons got Cousins for Andre Drummond.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner plz send me King Cake and some gumbo to even out this terrible deal

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Casspi is an underrated part of that trade tbh

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
DeMarcus Cousins is 3 years and 4 months older than Buddy Hield.

Building for the future!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Pels'll probably still still miss the playoffs but god help the West if they get a decent backcourt in the next little while. It doesn't even need a superstar, just dudes who can knock down triples with regularity. Holiday's already an adequate shooter, even adding somebody like JJ Reddick makes them scary offensively.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 20, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

nba 3.11 for workgroups

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

cravius posted:

joerger hates him iirc

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

This is incredible

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I would have poo poo myself sideways if this had happened. Please somebody take Drummond off our hands. Stevie Wonder has a better FT%.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

cravius posted:

yeah I don't understand it. A good shooting energy guy who can play the 3 and 4? Nope that dude has no value to anyone just toss him in for the hell of it

cyber-vato
Feb 25, 2013
Ex-Kings fan here. My wife just bought me some Kings gear for Valentine's Day. All going in the trash. I don't think I can even stand looking at it now. I've followed this lovely team through thick and thin. Can't do it anymore. holy poo poo. holy poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Pels'll probably still still miss the playoffs but god help the West if they get a decent backcourt in the next little while. It doesn't even need a superstar, just dudes who can knock down triples with regularity. Holiday's already an adequate shooter, even adding somebody like JJ Reddick makes them scary offensively.

They're getting omnri casspi for free

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/833554056241102848

everyone: buddy hield loving sucks
kings: mmmmm fake news my sir!!!!!!!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
INT. Tim Connelly's office - night of the all star game

We're going to secure the 8 seed and this carefully planned rebuild will have been worth it. We've suffered for years, but we'll have something to show for it now.

wait what

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I guess all those dumb rear end trademachine posts where you offer a bunch of bench trash for a star aren't that far off from reality

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

they're only like 3 games behind the 8 seed. i could see them rallying to get it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonz posted:

I would have poo poo myself sideways if this had happened. Please somebody take Drummond off our hands. Stevie Wonder has a better FT%.

And Stevie's a better tipper at restaurants

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is legitimately the worst trade I've ever seen.

And I lived through the Harden trade.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

mikeraskol posted:

This is incredible

It really is. For a split second Cousins is like "HOLY poo poo" before transitioning right back into PR mode.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ribtstu posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/833554318510944256

gently caress my stupid rear end team

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Man "oh really?"

:(

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
ahahahah hahaha oh man buddy hield, can he even dunk?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, the bulls have identified the one NBA team that might be dumb enough to trade for doug mcdermott

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ribtstu posted:

All we have to do is pretend the 23 year old #6 pick in a weak draft is actually a top 5 pick this year, and also that the ninth-worst team in the league isn't going to get any better after adding the best center in the league, and the trade's actually pretty good

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/Vivek/status/659024773511442433/photo/1

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings have been running Cousins promo stuff up through the all-star break. Something like 30% off all Cousins gear to "celebrate" his all-star appearance. But businessman 3.0 Vivek found a way to offload merchandise without tipping his hand

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If Buddy Hield's a top 5 pick they could have traded a lot less to move up two spots last year to draft him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is legitimately the worst trade I've ever seen.

And I lived through the Harden trade.

In the pantheon of pro sports trades of the last 10 years, I haven't seen one this lopsided since the Tigers acquired Miguel Cabrera from the Marlins for some fungo bats and chewing gum.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

for real though, I feel bad for all the Kings fans. Vivek got his arena and he doesn't give a gently caress about the product on the court

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So this ends with the Kings drafting Lonzo Ball and his dad refusing to let him play there right?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If Knightman's crime prediction AI was actually any loving good, it would've pre-emptively called in a drone strike on Dell Demps before this theft could happen

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Knightman literally doesn't do poo poo when I kick or slap it every time I walk by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Doltos posted:

If Buddy Hield's a top 5 pick they could have traded a lot less to move up two spots last year to draft him.

They had to watch him put up 8.6/2.9/1.4 in 20mpg to know for sure!!

• Locked thread