Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What's that gotta do with the present

I respect vivek now, he obviously wanted nothing to do with the supermax and set a plan to get rid of him while lying to his face the whole time so boogie couldn't poison the koolaid before leaving and the second cousins is out of town for a week he pulled the trigger

It has to be all about avoiding the supermax. The pick they're getting is top 3 protected.

They're sort of the upside down Utah Jazz, big and offense

The kings are hosed, every team who gets a franchise player who isn't ideal to build around is hosed under the new cba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The comedy factor of all this is gonna get quadrupled once Boogie doesn't resign

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
this was such a big deal that Bizort came back

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You think you fleeced us NO? Well guess what, his next technical gets him a suspension. Our stealth way of ensuring a top 10 pick

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

WhyteRyce posted:

You think you fleeced us NO? Well guess what, his next technical gets him a suspension. Our stealth way of ensuring a top 10 pick

watch cousins turn into duncan outside of sac

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope Detroit really offered them Drummond and they said no.

The most logical thing is that Cousins had a list of teams he'd re-sign with and this was the best offer from one of those teams

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Literally traded for the dude that grabbed your dick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/833541380915892224

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't believe Anthony Tolliver has to literally beg fans on Twitter to not quit on them

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I didn't even know Langston Galloway was making $5 million this year. So not only did you lose a trade to a team that voluntarily paid that guy $5 million but then you go ahead and pay him half of that salary in a lump sum so he can sit on his couch

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Dejan can tell you andre drumond is worse than buddy

It's not a national story but Andre Drummond developing a good face up game and jump hooks and being worse on defense than he was 2 years ago is a really strange thing, especially since he still can't make free throws

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

But Sacramento only wanted young guys to take back in return. Andre Drummond was too old so you can't build around him. Those four months of youth that Buddy has over Andre makes the difference

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BIZORT posted:

But Sacramento only wanted young guys to take back in return. Andre Drummond was too old so you can't build around him. Those four months of youth that Buddy has over Andre makes the difference

Also only three years younger than Cousins apparently.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Maybe it's the giant amount of Mexican food in my body but this is going to make me cry.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BIZORT posted:

In the end it's about getting Kosta Koufos the minutes he deserves

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BIZORT posted:

https://twitter.com/quemandolared/status/833554629183074306

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm starting to think Seattle dodged a bullet with the Kings

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HumbleTeej/status/833551845612150784

lmao

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

The Glumslinger posted:

How the gently caress did Vivek make enough to buy this team? Like he has shown any savvy since he bought the team?

The dirty little not-so-secret of tech venture capital is that at least 90% of it is clueless rich fucks literally gambling their money on a shitload of obviously bad investments hoping for one lucky home run. If they were a tiny bit smarter about what to invest in they would make a lot more money. I don't know much about Vivek but if I had to guess, he is one of those guys.

Shorter: take a long look at the dude in the white house right now if you think rich implies savvy

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Holy poo poo bizort

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A trade so crazy that it awakened Bizort

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Did the Kings even advertise Boogie was available is my ask.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really wish I could be a tech bro angel investor, I am dumb enough to be a millionaire.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Benne posted:

Would've been a different ownership group. Seems unlikely it would have been as much of a clownshow as this one.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Beans, thisdude, Cav, and larrydigital where are you in my time of need

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Drunk Canuck posted:

Did the Kings even advertise Boogie was available is my ask.

Probably, most just assumed they couldn't afford the price, they underestimated the kings

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BobHoward posted:

The dirty little not-so-secret of tech venture capital is that at least 90% of it is clueless rich fucks literally gambling their money on a shitload of obviously bad investments hoping for one lucky home run. If they were a tiny bit smarter about what to invest in they would make a lot more money. I don't know much about Vivek but if I had to guess, he is one of those guys.

Shorter: take a long look at the dude in the white house right now if you think rich implies savvy

Vivek only has a 20%ish stake in the team, but he's chairman of the ownership group that controls 60%ish shares so he gets to be in charge. He didn't really pay that much for the team in the grand scheme of things and selling off his warrior shares probably covered the bulk of it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Haahha ramona shelburne reporting the pelicans offered similar package for jahlil okafor and were turned down

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Both these guys rock I don't see the problem

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://streamable.com/tnckr video of the year

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

Haahha ramona shelburne reporting the pelicans offered similar package for jahlil okafor and were turned down

I have nothing really to add to this conversation but I felt the need to post this emoticon in response: :laugh:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I mean look at that smile. I dunno if that's the first he heard about it or if he knew they were talking during the day but that's a relief smile.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Amazing.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

serves me right for being on a plane the last 5 hours

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Real Life Vlade Divac: Dumber than videogame Vlade Divac!

Kings' GM in 'NBA 2K17' won't make DeMarcus Cousins deal with Pelicans

quote:

Reaction to the Kings' trade of DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans late Sunday night was swift and absolute, with social media dog-piling the Kings organization for what's perceived as a poor return on their superstar player.

It wasn't just fans and media questioning the deal, however; "NBA 2K17," through its trade logic, provided its own evidence that the Kings didn't get nearly enough for Cousins.

https://twitter.com/pastapadre/status/833547478444052480

In franchise mode for "2K17," the Kings' GM refused the trade proposal of Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and first- and second-round picks in 2017 in exchange for Cousins and Omri Casspi. "The only way I accept a trade for him (Cousins) is if I'm blown away and this one doesn't do that," the "2K" GM states.

The real-life trade creates one of the best frontcourts in the NBA and in "2K17." Cousins is rated 93 Overall, which makes him the seventh-highest rated player in the game. He joins Anthony Davis, who is rated 94 Overall. Combined they are the second-highest rated pair of teammates in the league behind only Golden State's Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek only has a 20%ish stake in the team, but he's chairman of the ownership group that controls 60%ish shares so he gets to be in charge. He didn't really pay that much for the team in the grand scheme of things and selling off his warrior shares probably covered the bulk of it

Yeah, I heard about that dumb arrangement in one of Zach Lowe's podcasts when he and a guest had an extended WTF session about the Kings. Apparently it is very unusual for the chairman of a group of minority owners of a sports franchise to wield so much power. If things were more normal the other members of that group would have more influence, but on the Kings Vivek basically gets to act as if he controls the entire 60% stake. It was written into the legal paperwork involved in selling the team, so apparently there's little that other minority owners can do about Vivek.

But there's more! Because Vivek is such an ineffectual leader, other members of his ownership group often try to act as if they can make decisions anyways. This only adds to the general confusion about what the hell the Kings are trying to do from moment to moment.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Benne posted:

Different owner who is less of a bonehead chucklefuck plus they wouldn't be run by 'hey remember when the kings didn't suck 17 years ago' former players that have no business in the front office

This trade is dogshit and made me go from eh, the kings to gently caress the kings. They play next door to my work and I can't wait to see the stadium permanently empty now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
un.

be.

lievable.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

People are really fast to jump on the Kings here, seems a little premature to evaluate this trade. We have to wait till the Pelicans just miss the playoffs and win the lottery until we really laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Well yeah the kings could magically become able to identify talent in the draft and make use of the picks and start a nice rebuild after giving away perhaps the best center in the league

• Locked thread