Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I would be openly celebrating if the Pistons got Cousins for Andre Drummond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonz posted:

I would have poo poo myself sideways if this had happened. Please somebody take Drummond off our hands. Stevie Wonder has a better FT%.

And Stevie's a better tipper at restaurants

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/Vivek/status/659024773511442433/photo/1

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WhyteRyce posted:

I guess Vivek is draining the swamp. Vlade is DeVos?

DeVos' team got a better return on a trade this week

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

quote:

Ranadive, who declined to speak for this story, is said by his critics to be a cloistered thinker, beholden to his own whims. Kings partners are profoundly frustrated with his governance of the basketball side of the team, as has been reported, and amazed that he appears to have been emboldened, rather than humbled, by seeing so many of his decisions fail.

"You would think that after making an rear end of yourself, whether it's 4-on-5 or one bad hire after another, that you'd become more collaborative and seek out help," says a well-placed source. "Vivek has done just the opposite. Instead of putting together a brain trust, he's his own brain trust -- he and whoever the last person he talked to is."

quote:

There's a running joke in the NBA that the Warriors led Ranadive's Kings campaign as a means of ridding the partnership of its most abrasive owner.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spoeank posted:

One of my best friends works at G1C and is collecting weird Vivek stories and he's going to craft something for people to read the moment he leaves that job this summer

Yessss

Looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

please post it when it comes out, vivek sounds like the platonic ideal of gladwell-rear end tech nincompoopery

I assume you know of this classic article then.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2009/05/11/how-david-beats-goliath

• Locked thread