Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Basketball reasons will be invoked again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Kibner plz send me King Cake and some gumbo to even out this terrible deal

Pm me your address and I will see what I can do. :)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Also, let me know if you have any allergies.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

They also tweet that after every game win.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Kibner and I definitely exist. Kibner even goes to the games!

Five year STH. :whatup:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

roundmidnight posted:

So the trade clearly isn't officially consummated yet - is there any chance the Kings could see the total trashing they're getting and get cold feet? Normally I'd say handshake deals are solid, but it is The Kings, After All

Sure, if they never want to be involved in a trade again.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

Considering how he's ran the team so far this year, Gentry is going to completely waste this front court combo until he's fired.

I have my complaints with Gentry, but what did you expect him to do on offense with the pieces he has this season?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

xbilkis posted:

Nik Stauskas, per 36:

12 ppg / 3.7 rpg / 3 apg, 40.5% fg / 37.6% 3pt / 55.0% TS, .04 WS/48 / -2.1 BPM / 0 VORP

Buddy Hield, per 36:

15.1 ppg / 5.1 rpg / 2.4 apg, 39.2% FG / 36.9% 3pt / 50.2% TS, .018 WS/48 / -3.8 BPM / -0.5 VORP

Nik Stauskas: Born October 7, 1993
Buddy Hield: Born December 17, 1993

It wasn't until this post that I realized me and Buddy have the same birthday (separated by multiple years, though).

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

big boi posted:

Can Durant/Green remotely guard Davis/Boogie? That is going to be a highly entertaining series if GSW can't play the death lineup.

(Warriors in 4)

Neither can guard AD at all. Boogie has been significantly hampered by them.

AD's stats with Durant and Green on the court

Boogie's stats with Durant and Green on the court

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

The problem is that Cousins and AD both draw fouls well and neither Zaza nor McGee are gonna get the benefit of the doubt. Green and Durant will get more leeway but are just going to get worn out and abused. It's a bad matchup.

OTOH Pelicans can't defend GSW on the perimeter at all so.

Jrue and Moore are good guard defenders. That SF spot, though...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey Kibner, I just thought of something. What if CP3 returns to NOLA in free agency and wins one there with AD and Boogie? :allears:

It would be dreamy. In that same universe, I hope West gets one, too.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Everyone is happy. Most fans I've met weren't even particularly mad about CP3, and those that were seemed to quickly forget when the deal ended up with us getting AD.

If CP3 got to ride off into the sunset winning one for New Orleans in his final stint that'd be some fairy tale level poo poo.

The only downside is we'd lose Jrue, who I love (though I think Kibner's always just been lukewarm on Jrue).

Naw, Jrue is awesome and I love watching him. He's my current favorite player on the team. Maybe you confused that with Tyreke, who I hate watching? Or Terrence Jones who I dislike for assaulting a homeless man? Or maybe Ajinca who likes to average a foul per minute?

Glad those three are gone or about to be gone.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ty1990 posted:

Remember when Vivek wanted the Kings to play 4 on 5 on defense leaving one player to stand under the opposite basket and cherry pick?

Buddy Hield is going to loving eat in that system.

And the Kings wouldn't even be any worse on defense than if he wasn't cherry picking! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Buddy seems to be self-driven and doesn't worry overmuch about what others think of him. I think he will be fine. It will be a huge struggle for him, though, but I think he has the inner strength to get through it ok.

• Locked thread