Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sacramento is run by the AI from NBA 2k6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

So they traded a player who wanted to stay and lied to the player and to the media about wanting to trade him and then got a real lovely return

well at least new orleans will be fun

Maybe the goal was just to gently caress Cousins over, the compensation is a bonus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spoeank posted:

By the way the Kings could have Boogie and Isaiah Thomas but instead they have Langston Galloway, Buddy Hield and Tyreke Evans

This there second time with Evans which is what makes this magical

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

im sorry if one player who has no legal trouble can tank the culture of your organization, that's on the organization not the player

He was very mean once.

You can't come back from that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cravius posted:

Seriously dude? That's not a dogwhistke at all

Cousins whole career in Sac is one long dog whistle

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cravius posted:

Everything is a dog whistle

Yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

And yet didn't trade for Melo, smh

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Buddy Hield will lead the Kings to many successful seasons.

Is a morale victory considered successful.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rabid Snake posted:

The real losers. Sacramento Tax Payers

Also Cousins because he got back stabbed hard and lost a lot of money.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

chunkles posted:

Vlade Divac is technically an ex-player

He also speaks for all Balkan players so really more than five.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Like I know Vivek signed off on the deal, but this was the best that Vlade could negotiate? Dejan please talk to me about how they negotiate in the Baalkans

If you are a nation state then you never ever back down or admit you may be wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

BIZORT posted:

But Sacramento only wanted young guys to take back in return. Andre Drummond was too old so you can't build around him. Those four months of youth that Buddy has over Andre makes the difference

Also only three years younger than Cousins apparently.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

Did the Kings even advertise Boogie was available is my ask.

Probably, most just assumed they couldn't afford the price, they underestimated the kings

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rick posted:

I listened to three Cousins Trade podcasts today because I'm highly entertained by this all.

I already posted about the Simmons one.

The Lowe podcast and the Woj podcast both largely said the same thing, with different sources. Maybe, in fact, nearly every team in the league thinks Cousins is impossible to deal with after all.

The Lowe podcast is a lot of Windhorst trying to take credit for predicting this per usual, and then Lowe gets really angry at the Kings and then they start talking about their fantasy GMing of the NBA and it gets laughable like it does every time Windhorst and Lowe talk.

Woj's podcast is one of his hit pieces in verbal form on the Kings, and basically his guest saying the same thing Windhorst said, that most GMs around the league would make take a risk on him on the cheap but weren't going to put assets at risk and that the Kings in fact might have in fact got the best possible deal. It then hilariously swerves near the end, without it having anything to do with anything they were talking about Woj chimes in to basically say "YEAH, BUT YOU KNOW, THE AGENTS, GOD BLESS 'EM, THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS, AND THEY'RE DOIN' THEM WELL." God, this guy.

This is so weird as we have literally no evidence this is actually a thing.

So unless Cousins propaganda game is on point then most GMs are hilariously dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rick posted:

I don't put very much stock in either Windhorst or Woj say. I mean for all we know this is just trying to put a spin for failing to stop their client from ending up in the smallest market in the league while losing like 30 million dollars. "Well geeze Boogie we tried but . . . all the GMs in the league are stupid!!!"

If anything Cousins, who seems to be a great guy off the court (I still have a problem with some of his behavior on the court), lack of PR is why the "wow this guy sucks" narrative seems to have taken hold.

If I had to guess it's that most GMs get their info from the Kings organization, and their years of poo poo talking him thoroughly poisoned the well.

Which is just funny.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

At this point I am surprised Cousins didn't get bundled with a pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can only assume he thinks Buddy has potential that will come out with the right coaching.

Why he thinks his organization is the ones capable of that I have no idea.

• Locked thread