Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rick posted:

The Lakers equivalent of that deal is Brandon Ingram, Lou Williams, Loul Deng, and like the first pick that is legally trade-able between 2019-2021 and like some second round picks.

That'd be a wayyyyy better package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833539989547933697

This is what you want driving your decision to give up a franchise player. Also gently caress you Vivek I want that pick

First round picks are wildly overrated

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

So they traded a player who wanted to stay and lied to the player and to the media about wanting to trade him and then got a real lovely return

well at least new orleans will be fun

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

attackmole posted:

The funny thing to me is that it's such a bad deal I'm wondering if this was some crazy impulse decision since the deadline isn't till Thursday. Bill Simmons is going to kill himself because Boston could have made a way better offer, and he'll I'm sure so could have four other teams.

This was for sure an impulse trade

Plus they have to waive/trade another player, this is just the tip of the yikesberg

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Let me strap on my "dumb venture capitalist who doesn't understand what proven commodities are" okay let's roll

I understand not trading for Drummond if you think you have the same thing in WCS. If you want to rebuild, Drummond is on the first year of 5/130 so if it doesn't work out his contract might be kind of difficult to move. Buddy Hield is still on a rookie contract so if he blossoms it's a more cost effective contract. as for why they think they don't need a sf idk man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

BUDDY in theory has a similar profile to Steph Curry in terms of his final college season and Ranadive is obsessed with the Warriors

idk man he's a crazy person trying to think outside of the box

• Locked thread