Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

All day I'd been hearing Sacramento got this big offer on the table and that they stopped taking calls because this one team had absolutely blown them away with such an incredible offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I didn't even know Langston Galloway was making $5 million this year. So not only did you lose a trade to a team that voluntarily paid that guy $5 million but then you go ahead and pay him half of that salary in a lump sum so he can sit on his couch

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

But Sacramento only wanted young guys to take back in return. Andre Drummond was too old so you can't build around him. Those four months of youth that Buddy has over Andre makes the difference

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Most of this forum didn't think Curry would be poo poo either. The majority thought he was going to bust

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

The draft profile of Steph Curry and Jimmer Freddette are way more similar than different. Projecting players is really hard.

I wholeheartedly agree! Which is why we should probably give Hield more than half of a season before comparing him to chewed up gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Are you sure? People praised the Warriors when they backed out of an agreed trade for Amare with the Suns for the pick and Amare was still good back then.

Pretty drat sure he was the pick to bust because no one thought he'd be able to get open or play a specific position

• Locked thread