Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

One problem with D3 though is that the end game consists of nothing but endless rift runs for higher torment difficulties and that's it. And it's somewhat obvious that the devs have no idea what to really do as well with the game considering the latest addition is simply another tier of Ancients and that seems to be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

What do you propose they DO do?

Well that's the other problem in this case isn't it? What do you do for extra content aside from adding extra classes that provides a different playing experience? Do you add extra monsters or areas or do you try do something different?

I assume that's why Diablo seems to be on the backburner for Blizzard a bit. They've made the core game solid enough that they're struggling to expand upon it in a meaningful way. But at the same time they have to give it some kind of support to motivate people to play.

I do hope that they come up with something in the future because I do enjoy playing D3 (Beam wizard. :shopkeeper:) but I've hit the point where it's more monotony than fun even if I crank up the difficulty.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Skippy Granola posted:

Are they still adding the necromancer to D3 as DLC (Diabloadable content)

From what I remember of Blizzcon it's not slated to come out until mid point this year or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure the biggest game changer was the Reaper of Souls expansion that introduced Adventure mode to the game. Before that it had just been under the skin changes to the system I believe like increasing drop rates and so on.
This aside from removing the auction house obviously.
It shouldn't be too hard looking through the game's patch history to see how the game changed early on.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I figured the start of the whole gameplay change happened inbetween the removal of the auction house and RoS being released.

Also that whole thing has always been a problem with ARPGs I think. Been replaying Kingdom of Amalur recently and it also has some huge issues with gear drops never really being good enough to warrant swapping things out. At least not in comparison to like D3 where you can do a lot of gear changes pretty rapidly if you're lucky.
Not to mention having the same issue when I played Dungeon Siege 1 where decent upgrades where amazingly rare occurrences which really didn't feel all that satisfying. Same with DS2 for that part.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, adding the enchantress who can, for a price, let you reroll a stat on an item was a huge game changer.

Not to mention being able to transmogrify your gear for that part. So nice when you want to keep your appearance cohesive. The recent changes to dyes were also really nice back when I played.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Funny you mention Torchlight because I was actually thinking of picking the original back up, played it a little bit years ago and liked it but wasn't anywhere close to finishing it.

I tried replaying Torchlight 2 a while ago but only got midway through the first act until I dropped it out of pretty much boredom. The assessment that it is Diablo 2 is not wrong at all but at the same time it feels kind of repetitive after a while because the abilities have no Power to them and you just end up doing normal attacks and then maybe one of the two powers you put points into.
The only thing I can give to it is that the idea with pets is nice and having an ability to sell stuff off without having to go back is good.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I had that specific item bonus that let a wizards primary spell cast the other abilities while used as one of the cube bonuses. Also the item that had practically zero mana drain for beam attacks so I just ran around spamming Disintegration beam constantly and just proccing everything else. It was great. :D

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

nielsm posted:

It seems so ridiculous that when you find whatever magic anvil, the blacksmith can only use it for you once and then never again. It's not like the anvil should break or lose its powers is it? Just let me craft a new drat weapon when I want to, take payment for it or whatever, but don't just stash that magic anvil and forget all about it.

They did fix that in D2 with Charsi's special smithing thing from what I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

No, she'll still only enchant an item once for you.

:doh:
To my defence it's been a while since I played D2. Although I do think you could at least pick which item you wanted enchanted that time around.

• Locked thread