Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm gonna do my best, yeah. Quests are more or less randomly chosen, but the presence of some locks out others. I used to have a fairly thick strategy guide for the game that described the quest relationships, but I haven't seen it in years.

For a quick and explanation, there's five quest "groups" and out of each group, one quest is omitted in every game. You can actually do a quick check for this by repeatedly starting a new game. The second group only has 2 members: either the Poisoned Water Well or the Curse of King Leoric. So if the well in the middle of town is blue, like it is in the LP, then you'll be facing the Skeleton King as a boss on level 3. If the well is full of unhealthy looking yellow water, then you instead get a(n infinitely easier) small mini-dungeon on level 2.

You're right about the quest groups but there's an additional quest that always happens on Level 6, plus the 2 endgame quests.

FoolyCharged posted:

Also if I remember right, online didn't randomize the quests so you always got the same set. It also had death that wasn't a game over, and other people in the dungeon with you, so the feel of it was radically different

Sort of...the Butcher, Skeleton King, and endgame bosses just appear on the normal levels wandering around instead of their special areas. All the other quests don't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
In case anyone's curious, if you give the sign to Snotspill instead of taking it back to Ogden, he'll laugh at you then attack with the horde of Dark Ones anyway.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I hope everyone enjoyed "quests" while they lasted because there's only 2 left until the endgame, one on 9/10 (you get both if Zhar is missing) and one on 13/14.

• Locked thread