Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

My first exposure to Diablo was the PS1 port, only having heard the name before. I remember one of my friends at the time saying the game looked boring as hell. "Don't worry," I told him, "it'll probably pick up once we get to the second town :downs:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The thing that annoyed me about Diablo 3 - and I'm well aware that there's those who will say it's a petty thing to get upset about - was the stat boosts offered by armour. In Diablo 1&2, if you found a piece of gear that was two or three points of armour better than what you were currently wearing, that was a huge deal. In two especially, +1 to the right skill could make or break a build. Then Diablo 3 comes along and the numbers are inflated to the point of being meaningless. Even the squishiest class in D3 winds up with five-figure HP totals, whereas in D2, it was very hard to get more than 1000 HP without serious item twinking. After a while, I stopped paying attention to anything other than watching for which arrows turned a happy green colour when comparing gear. Half the fun in D2 was trawling for new and better gear, but Diablo 3 just took all the fun out of it.

• Locked thread