Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
And just like that you are now playing EZ Mode.

Side note: If you personally don't want to grind up the staff, I already have it and would have zero issue opening it up for you. This is of course all dependent on if you really want to show off that place. As it is a D3 thing, it isn't necessary but if you just want to have the extreme opposite of the D3 vids, then absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

BenRGamer posted:

*BEEEEEEP*

Really? Well *BOOOOOOOOOOOP*.

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
I look at that pic and simply think: "Huh, wonder what Torment level that is. Gotta be 6+ easy."

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

That was the old Inferno difficulty from launch, when HP totals still used unsigned 32 bit integers.

Those hammer lords are completely invulnerable due to the HP value overflowing. If you look closely it says −2,147,483,648

I missed that little detail. Shows me.

NGDBSS posted:

And of course part of the reason for World of Warcraft's number squish was to prevent this sort of thing from happening altogether, since WoW is an older code base that Blizzard has constantly had to kludge around because that's the least bad option when dealing with a 13-year-old program too massive to just gut and rebuild.

Yeah, this is what I've heard from an insider of the company as well. It's also one of the arguments some players have made wondering why they haven't gone and simply made a WoW2 or something; beyond the obvious losing all character progression. Still hasn't stopped mobs and players from reaching millions to billions of HP. I think some boss mobs hove 10+ billion and I want to even say the world boss mobs in Legion have over a trillion but I might be crazy and they only have 10-100 billion. Kind of hard to read when you're being one shot every few seconds you're in range of them.

• Locked thread