Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Simply Simon posted:

You dropped all your poo poo on death so you had to go where you died naked (or with an extra set of gear?) and pick it up again. Also, friendly fire lol
Me and my buddy trying to get our stuff back from a horde of winged demons is some of my fondest LAN gaming memories.

A Pleasant Hug posted:

Also, Godly Plate of the Whale can exist in the game, but is unobtainable by any legitimate means. It can't be dropped by monsters, but it can show up being sold by Peg-Leg Wirt...for more money than you can actually carry.
I once saw a King's Great Axe of Haste at Griswold's and had the same problem; Could only carry 200k gold at once, axe cost 240k.
Now, I was playing with the Hellfire expansion that adds an amulet that doubles your gold carrying capacity, but our version was modded so the NPC who rewards that amulet was replaced with something else. So I had to pester my friend to unmod his game, go do the quest for the amulet, and then join my game to bring it to me along with some extra gold so I could get the axe.

Diablo 1 might not hold up too well nowadays gameplay wise, but there is a certain kind of charm to it that the sequels don't have and the atmosphere is great. The few music tracks it has are all better than anything the sequels came up with. Well, the Hell theme is a bit meh, but the rest are all gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Don't you loving talk poo poo about the Crusader you wretched knave :colbert:

• Locked thread