Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If I recall correctly, each class has "attack speed" modifications for each of melee, bow, and spell. Warrior has the fastest melee, middling bow, and slow spellcasting, rogue swaps melee/bow, and wizard...I don't know what their melee/bow look like but they probably suck. :v: Anyway, point is that the warrior isn't awful with a bow and in fact will probably need to rely on one semi-frequently in the later levels. Especially if the level has succubi on it.

The real problem with using a bow as the warrior is that there's no fast weapon switching in the game. You have to go into your inventory, unequip your weapon/shield, equip the bow, kill things, unequip bow, and equip weapon/shield. Then do it all over again when you find another succubus.

The best weapon to equip for a wizard in Diablo 1--at least for the first four floors, when money, mana, blue potions and decent spells are in short supply--is in fact a shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Oof. Archers, lightning demons, magma demons, and obsidian lords all within a few steps of the start. At least there weren't any spitters.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw in the theater. I saw Star Trek II years before I saw the first one; I didn't miss out on much. Still haven't seen Fievel Goes West.

• Locked thread