Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Cooked Auto posted:

Not to mention being able to transmogrify your gear for that part. So nice when you want to keep your appearance cohesive. The recent changes to dyes were also really nice back when I played.

You just reminded me of my bright pink exploding chicken witch doctor I played once, so thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Cangelosi posted:

Okay, I'm going to have to ask. What items did you need to get THAT one?

I'm guessing one component is that chicken-summoning bow, but what's the other element?

You get the Manajuma's Way set of a voodoo knife and it's matching Mojo (which is a chicken). It gives your Hex spell the Angry Chicken ability, which turns you into said chicken and sets your running speed to about 10x normal until you cancel the hex. Upon cancelling it, you explode back into your normal form, doing usually a small amount of damage, but another one of the sets that I can't remember that gives an absolutely ungodly damage buff to it.

End result is Turn into chicken -> find large group of enemies -> explode as chicken right in the middle -> kill most things in one shot.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

magikid posted:

Ranged combat doesn't really work in Diablo, does it? I don't know if it's because you can't move while shooting or the enemies are too fast or what, but most of the time you just end up right in the enemy's face anyway. I played an Amazon the same way.

You can go in intending to be skillful and manage your spacing, but after about five minutes it's like why even bother.

It's great as long as they are walking towards you in one of the cardinal directions. Usually you can manoeuvre it to do the most damage to the most enemies.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

Also, my first run with a Warrior ended when facing down lightning-lobbing assholes on the other side of a river of flame; I couldn't do anything to even get to them and that kinda was IT. You really need a plan B for that, and the Rogue just laughs and starts shooting instead.

I ended up in a similar situation as a warrior in the caverns with those poison spitting assholes. I bought the best bow I could equip and fired until into space until they died. The warrior is.... not good with the bow.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

For the life of me I don't know why they don't just GOG it for $10.

I know they make ridiculous amounts of money, but that's never stopped a company making a bit more.

• Locked thread