Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Simply Simon posted:

What do you propose they DO do? I don't care for the rift runs, so I just start getting the equipment for a new build, maybe even start a new character because I still haven't played them all. I do realize that some people have already played every character to their max level, gotten every single set with amazing stats, have all the unique items cubed, and those people, yes, they can JUST do rift runs and "that's it". But is that really a problem? For anyone playing in a semi-sane way, there's always something else to do. Hell, if you're really bored, play Hardcore. Or, heavens forbid, a different game.

Honestly, I wish they'd implement that PVP idea they had. I guess it wouldn't really mesh well with all the various abilities and items they've thrown at players for years now, but still, its the one promise I wish they hadn't broken. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Cooked Auto posted:

Pretty sure the biggest game changer was the Reaper of Souls expansion that introduced Adventure mode to the game. Before that it had just been under the skin changes to the system I believe like increasing drop rates and so on.
This aside from removing the auction house obviously.
It shouldn't be too hard looking through the game's patch history to see how the game changed early on.

Reaper of Souls added 10 levels to player progression, a new act, a new class, adventure mode, cheevos, etc etc. The Auction House was removed before that ever showed up, iirc, but the real game changer was when Blizzard patched out their incredibly lovely drop system, because ALL drops were affected the same way when generating stats on identification, so you could end up with, say, a set item for a Barbarian but that had amazing stats for... a wizard. Like, the main stat would be intelligence, so it was worthless. Legendaries didn't feel very good and they were used mainly because set items sucked anyways, but they also had very little going for them.

Also, adding the enchantress who can, for a price, let you reroll a stat on an item was a huge game changer.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT!

• Locked thread