Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

YeahTubaMike posted:

thin mints and samoas are garbage

This is true though and no decent person would argue otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gay Weed Dad posted:

This is true though and no decent person would argue otherwise

Thin mints are delicious and mint chocolate chip is the best icecream flavor by far.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Thin mints are delicious and mint chocolate chip is the best icecream flavor by far.

Did you know that they sell toothpaste, in a tube, at far deeper discounts than any of the vile stuff you've mentioned? This sounds like it would be right up your alley!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

OctoberBlues posted:

Oh, also I know that Patton Oswalt can be kind of a bozo, but I pretty much agree with this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67oBbpyE9Xg

I said the term "transsexual" once in a small group of people and got a stern talking to about how that is an offensive term and they basically made me out to be a huge rear end in a top hat.

I mean maybe don't say things like that and you won't get that reaction.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

whomupclicklike posted:

I mean maybe don't say things like that and you won't get that reaction.

That's the point? I didn't know it was offensive, it didn't used to be, or if it was, I didn't know it. By shaming me for not knowing something, even though I am on the same side as you, you aren't helping anyone. I have seen plenty of people get corrected about things in a friendly manner, which serves the same purpose without being a dick.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

That's the point? I didn't know it was offensive, it didn't used to be, or if it was, I didn't know it. By shaming me for not knowing something, even though I am on the same side as you, you aren't helping anyone. I have seen plenty of people get corrected about things in a friendly manner, which serves the same purpose without being a dick.

It was the "right term", or at least a completely acceptable one like ten loving years ago, too. It's okay and understandable that people want another word used, but the way people take it as a sleight when it comes from a stranger is dumb

It's one thing to check somebody, it's another thing to jump down somebody's throat about it and there is way way way too many people who skip the former so they can go straight to the latter.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Toilet paper should roll down the front

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't respect people who have a lot of money and hang out with other people who have a ton of money. I find them to have an extremely narrow world view and they are ignorant as hell.

I don't respect people who live paycheck to paycheck. I think they need to stop pissing away all that money they are getting from work on dumb poo poo.

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sponge Baathist posted:

I don't respect people

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sponge Baathist posted:

I don't respect people who live paycheck to paycheck.

not everyone has well paying jobs and it's not its always their fault

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sponge Baathist posted:

I don't respect people who have a lot of money and hang out with other people who have a ton of money. I find them to have an extremely narrow world view and they are ignorant as hell.

I don't respect people who live paycheck to paycheck. I think they need to stop pissing away all that money they are getting from work on dumb poo poo.

Everyone has an extremely narrow world view. Even the ultra-woke people do even though they think they don't because they went on a peace corps trip one summer and/or went to Europe on vacation.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yes, there are certainly folks that can't help but to live paycheck to paycheck.

The people that annoy me are the kinds of folks I saw a lot of at my last job. They were making the same or more as me, had significant others with good income, yet they essentially lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford even a $1,000 emergency. But I would notice that these people would go out to eat every day for lunch, they would talk about going out to sit down restaurants three or four times a week, they just had no concept of saving money, it was frustrating to watch. People that literally could have had multiple thousands of dollars saved a year if they just limited themselves to one sit down restaurant meal a week and brought a lunch to work!

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 20, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Everyone has an extremely narrow world view. Even the ultra-woke people do even though they think they don't because they went on a peace corps trip one summer and/or went to Europe on vacation.

extremely woke people tend to just be extremely woke about the bits of rhetoric they have been told about and because of the broad diversity of the human condition they usually betray their actual ignorance pretty drat quick when they call you out

especially if you arent a person that fits neatly into their little compartmentalized bits of rhetoric

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

OctoberBlues posted:

Yes, there are certainly folks that can't help but to live paycheck to paycheck.

The people that annoy me are the kinds of folks I saw a lot of at my last job. They were making the same or more as me, had significant others with good income, yet they essentially lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford even a $1,000 emergency. But I would notice that these people would go out to eat every day for lunch, they would talk about going out to sit down restaurants three or four times a week, they just had no concept of saving money, it was frustrating to watch. People that literally could have had multiple thousands of dollars saved a year if they just limited themselves to one sit down restaurant meal a week and brought a lunch to work!

a lotta these people look down on thrifty behaviors like they are better than it but clearly would glean some benefit from not wasting their limited income on expenses for the sole purpose of expense, but it is a symptom of not wanting to appear lower class and falling for materialistic signifiers and reveling a lifestyle that the people they are trying to emulate do not live

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why is everyone on SA loving poor? Is it supposed to be cool? I thought we were all IT nerds on the internet all day.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

UltraRed posted:

Why is everyone on SA loving poor? Is it supposed to be cool? I thought we were all IT nerds on the internet all day.

Because there is a lot fewer jobs that pay a living wage than there are people in the developed world

Also a lot of those IT goons have high five or low six figures in college debt

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

Because there is a lot fewer jobs that pay a living wage than there are people in the developed world

Turns out telling Susie in accounting to reset her router isn't a super lucrative career.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Im not gay

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mirthless posted:

And probably live in shitholes like san francisco where they pay 2500 a month to live in someone's walk-in closet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It was good that Trump killed the TPP.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

It was good that Trump killed the TPP.

My controversial opinion is I agree with this despite not having a detailed understanding of what TPP even was or what it would mean for me, personally.

Tommy Rawhead
Dec 18, 2006

You'll get what you deserve in them Deep Barons, you lez-beans! You won't be causin' no one, no trouble, no more!
I'm transsexual and if other trannies have a problem with that they can go gently caress themselves. The other week I read about how writing "transman" and "transwoman" is offensive, it has to be written "trans man" and "trans woman". JESUS loving CHRIST DO YOU PEOPLE NOT HAVE REAL PROBLEMS IN YOUR STUPID LIVES.

Also Braveheart sucks.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I only agree with about 2/3rds of Trumps policies but its refreshing to have a politician actually go about keeping campaign promises no matter how much flak he gets. And not immediately fold the second any resistance is given (i.e Obama and Guantanamo)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Pants are superfluous

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I think burlesque is tacky and pathetic. As a feminist, I'm not supposed to have this opinion.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Hudsucker Proxy is a pretty good movie, despite the reviews

OctoberBlues posted:

I was rewatching Mad Men awhile back and it took everything I had to get through season 5. After the first episode of season 6, I turned it off and never returned. I think the long break between seasons 4 and 5 ruined something, because after season 4 it just doesn't seem nearly as good.

Which season was the one where Pete got in a fought on the train and then later the British guy? MM had a season that was both the best drama AND comedy on TV

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

remigious posted:

I think burlesque is tacky and pathetic. As a feminist, I'm not supposed to have this opinion.

It just seems like the banquet frozen dinner-tier version of a strip club. The basic idea is the same but the girls are fat and you don't even get to see them naked.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Guardians of the Galaxy was really stupid.
Pineapple on pizza is good.
The US family unit was stronger when women stayed at home and took care of the kids.
Nixon was more left wing than Obama.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Which season was the one where Pete got in a fought on the train and then later the British guy? MM had a season that was both the best drama AND comedy on TV

That was season 5 and I remembered that season being amazing as well, but when I rewatched it, there seemed to be a lot more lovely boring moments than those two awesome moments.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tommy Rawhead posted:

I'm transsexual and if other trannies have a problem with that they can go gently caress themselves. The other week I read about how writing "transman" and "transwoman" is offensive, it has to be written "trans man" and "trans woman". JESUS loving CHRIST DO YOU PEOPLE NOT HAVE REAL PROBLEMS IN YOUR STUPID LIVES.

Not to presume anything about you, but this seems to be something that has a pretty sharp generational divide. I recall an interview Dan Savage did with Kate Bornstein where they both expressed pretty much the same opinion you are.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

remigious posted:

I am one of those feminists who has lots of discomforts with "raunch culture" but I am supposed to stifle that and pretend I too think strippers are the pinnacle of female empowerment.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Saxophone is a terrible instrument. gently caress that horrible hooting sound.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pro choice but I think anyone who has an abortion (for any reason other than saving their own life) is a giant piece of poo poo.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Frozen mass market taquitos are horrible but also extremely good at the same time

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Parsley posted:

I am one of those feminists who has lots of discomforts with "raunch culture" but I am supposed to stifle that and pretend I too think strippers are the pinnacle of female empowerment.

Yeah...I feel you. I guess I'm one of those ladies that feels empowered by keeping my body to myself.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

whomupclicklike posted:

Frozen mass market taquitos are horrible but also extremely good at the same time

These ones are pretty bomb

http://www.elmonterey.com/21-ct-extra-crunchy-taco-seasoned-beef-cheese-taquito/

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

whomupclicklike posted:

The 70 unit box of delimex taquitos is a staple in my freezer

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Sigourney Weaver-narrated Planet Earth is better than that old english wang dribbling bullshit

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Turkey (the food) isn't actually all that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Opinions are like bassholes, sometimes they bite

• Locked thread