Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The easy answer to that troll post is that earth is an ecosystem and we're flirting with catastrophe if we continue letting potentially crucial species die out.

The earth is resilient, yes, but our global food supply network is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Pandas are backed into a corner because bamboo sucks as a nutrient source so they have to stay lazy to conserve energy that can only be efficiently spent eating.

The weird part is that since they're bears they still have the digestive system of a carnivore but somewhere along the way their tasty-meat umami gene lost the plot and now they don't have a hankering for meat.

Pandas would be cool as hell if they still acted like all the other bears

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
You shouldn't hug kids with penile arms

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

television and video games are overwhelmingly brain poison and your grandma was right all along

Doubly so for social media. I thought it'd equalize and foster a quicker path to common understanding but turns out it only deepened the existing trenches

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Here's my controversial opinion: people are inherently good and will behave admirably when pressed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Secular Humanist posted:

People aren't inherently one thing or another but rather are animated by their genetic predispositions combined with their external circumstances because the world isn't a zero sum binary dumbfest for babies

Actually people are afflicted with consciousness and thus varying levels of empathy. We behave selfishly when we're removed from the consequences of our actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The point is it's objectively true that creating a new human instead of adopting an existing human is unethical.

If you want to get into an argument about the realities of policy implementation then we can do that. But my original point that it is unethical, is without question, true.

Holy cow :goonsay:

• Locked thread