Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I was rewatching Mad Men awhile back and it took everything I had to get through season 5. After the first episode of season 6, I turned it off and never returned. I think the long break between seasons 4 and 5 ruined something, because after season 4 it just doesn't seem nearly as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh, also I know that Patton Oswalt can be kind of a bozo, but I pretty much agree with this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67oBbpyE9Xg

I said the term "transsexual" once in a small group of people and got a stern talking to about how that is an offensive term and they basically made me out to be a huge rear end in a top hat. I was like poo poo, maybe you could focus your anger on the people that think transgender folks oughta be exterminated instead of at the guy who is on your side but accidentally said the wrong term. :shobon:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

whomupclicklike posted:

I mean maybe don't say things like that and you won't get that reaction.

That's the point? I didn't know it was offensive, it didn't used to be, or if it was, I didn't know it. By shaming me for not knowing something, even though I am on the same side as you, you aren't helping anyone. I have seen plenty of people get corrected about things in a friendly manner, which serves the same purpose without being a dick.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yes, there are certainly folks that can't help but to live paycheck to paycheck.

The people that annoy me are the kinds of folks I saw a lot of at my last job. They were making the same or more as me, had significant others with good income, yet they essentially lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford even a $1,000 emergency. But I would notice that these people would go out to eat every day for lunch, they would talk about going out to sit down restaurants three or four times a week, they just had no concept of saving money, it was frustrating to watch. People that literally could have had multiple thousands of dollars saved a year if they just limited themselves to one sit down restaurant meal a week and brought a lunch to work!

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 20, 2017

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Which season was the one where Pete got in a fought on the train and then later the British guy? MM had a season that was both the best drama AND comedy on TV

That was season 5 and I remembered that season being amazing as well, but when I rewatched it, there seemed to be a lot more lovely boring moments than those two awesome moments.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think the level of consciousness that humans have is a flukey mistake and that it is a terrible thing overall.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

sandusky and the entire board + administration of penn state university are also a part of this pedophile ring

I believe the entire school should have been shut down, and it really shouldn't have even been a difficult decision.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If you're okay with the african penguin going extinct I will fight you irl.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If we have arms for dicks how will we reproduce? :ohdear:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

television and video games are overwhelmingly brain poison and your grandma was right all along

It does kind of seem like that is true, too bad we are all hopelessly addicted now.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Here's my controversial opinion: people are inherently good and will behave admirably when pressed.

People are stupid selfish apes who care only about themselves and reproducing.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Secular Humanist posted:

People aren't inherently one thing or another but rather are animated by their genetic predispositions combined with their external circumstances because the world isn't a zero sum binary dumbfest for babies

I assure you that the world is a dumbfest for babies!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Poly people should be broadly accepted by society and allowed to marry in their triad or throuple or metamour or whatever so that hopefully they'll be less annoying to everyone else. It probably won't work.

I think we should allow any form or combination of marriage as long as it pisses off old white people.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

For sure allow inanimate objects. Can you imagine how enraged people would be when they see folks marrying their anime pillows or whatever?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Lunixnerd posted:

Islam is a trash-tier religion for rapists and murderers and I hope Trump nukes mecca

Same, but christianity, and instead of mecca, whatever US cities are most christian.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Salt Lake City go. Utah in general is such a beautiful state but mormons are so loving weird it kind of ruins it when you have to interact with the people.

I drove through Utah last summer and stopped in SLC. There was just this weird uncanny valley type of thing going on, it was very close to being a normal big city, but it was just off enough that it was all kind of weird and off putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My mother always had (has I assume?) a mikes hard lemonade every night. I always told her she should just buy some juice and vodka, and I recommend the same to you all. For savings and taste.

• Locked thread