Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Everyone has an extremely narrow world view. Even the ultra-woke people do even though they think they don't because they went on a peace corps trip one summer and/or went to Europe on vacation.

extremely woke people tend to just be extremely woke about the bits of rhetoric they have been told about and because of the broad diversity of the human condition they usually betray their actual ignorance pretty drat quick when they call you out

especially if you arent a person that fits neatly into their little compartmentalized bits of rhetoric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

OctoberBlues posted:

Yes, there are certainly folks that can't help but to live paycheck to paycheck.

The people that annoy me are the kinds of folks I saw a lot of at my last job. They were making the same or more as me, had significant others with good income, yet they essentially lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford even a $1,000 emergency. But I would notice that these people would go out to eat every day for lunch, they would talk about going out to sit down restaurants three or four times a week, they just had no concept of saving money, it was frustrating to watch. People that literally could have had multiple thousands of dollars saved a year if they just limited themselves to one sit down restaurant meal a week and brought a lunch to work!

a lotta these people look down on thrifty behaviors like they are better than it but clearly would glean some benefit from not wasting their limited income on expenses for the sole purpose of expense, but it is a symptom of not wanting to appear lower class and falling for materialistic signifiers and reveling a lifestyle that the people they are trying to emulate do not live

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Nolan Arenado posted:

Oh, also I know that Patton Oswalt can be kind of a bozo, but I pretty much agree with this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67oBbpyE9Xg

I said the term "transsexual" once in a small group of people and got a stern talking to about how that is an offensive term and they basically made me out to be a huge rear end in a top hat. I was like poo poo, maybe you could focus your anger on the people that think transgender folks oughta be exterminated instead of at the guy who is on your side but accidentally said the wrong term. :shobon:

so like if ones gender falls on a spectrum and there is no gendered brain, gender expression is just an artifact of society shoehorning people into the assumed behaviors of the phenotype of genetic sex, and ones gender identity is separate from their genetics, doesnt that kind of stand in contrast to the idea of being trans gendered in the first place and implicate that it is not an innate trait but a social one

dont get me wrong i dont give a gently caress live and let live but a lot of the rhetoric about it really seems to be contradictory

• Locked thread