Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

whomupclicklike posted:

Sour cream is actually really good, even on burritos

100% of the problem with sour cream is and has always been fast food employees putting way too much on because they don't give a poo poo

a tablespoon of sour cream is bomb in a couple of scrambled eggs, just put it in when you whip the eggs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

That's the point? I didn't know it was offensive, it didn't used to be, or if it was, I didn't know it. By shaming me for not knowing something, even though I am on the same side as you, you aren't helping anyone. I have seen plenty of people get corrected about things in a friendly manner, which serves the same purpose without being a dick.

It was the "right term", or at least a completely acceptable one like ten loving years ago, too. It's okay and understandable that people want another word used, but the way people take it as a sleight when it comes from a stranger is dumb

It's one thing to check somebody, it's another thing to jump down somebody's throat about it and there is way way way too many people who skip the former so they can go straight to the latter.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

UltraRed posted:

Why is everyone on SA loving poor? Is it supposed to be cool? I thought we were all IT nerds on the internet all day.

Because there is a lot fewer jobs that pay a living wage than there are people in the developed world

Also a lot of those IT goons have high five or low six figures in college debt

• Locked thread