Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Julius Thomas is gonna suddenly be good again now that he has a proper quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jax 7th is way higher than Miamis most likely so this is even more useless of a trade haha

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Was Julius Thomas really that bad in Jax? How much of it was just a product of the team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Febreeze posted:

Was Julius Thomas really that bad in Jax? How much of it was just a product of the team

http://twitter.com/ColeFartley/status/833457046653718529

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 21, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

I'm sure that's part of it, his catch % when targeted went from ~70% his last 2 years in Denver to 57-58% in Jacksonville. But I think it's pretty possible he's just an injury prone tight end that will put up around 500 yards and be a good red zone target for you in a good year.

Still, he's a massive upgrade for Miami even with that isn't he? Haven't they been just godawful at the position for like a decade?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

Would he still fit? I'm not sure what his best role is in a 4-3

I think he would get used correctly for the first time in his career with the Dolphins defense. He's an upfield 1-gap DT.

Every defensive coordinator he's played for has had him doing some combination of 2-gapping, or rushing frequently wide of the offensive tackle and he really ain't anything to write home about on either front.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm sure that's part of it, his catch % when targeted went from ~70% his last 2 years in Denver to 57-58% in Jacksonville. But I think it's pretty possible he's just an injury prone tight end that will put up around 500 yards and be a good red zone target for you in a good year.

Still, he's a massive upgrade for Miami even with that isn't he? Haven't they been just godawful at the position for like a decade?

I long for the halcyon days of randy mcmichael

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

He was injured a lot, so it's hard to tell. I also wouldn't go by what happened this season considering how putrid the passing game ended up for the Jags. Hurns and especially Robinson had pretty down years too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That video lol please try to call #2 a drop by Thomas

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Eric berry to the panthers

Print the shirts
You will have to wait another year for this. The Chiefs are going to exhaust every option before he gets to walk away.

If he threatens to miss games though, I bet he gets floated for trade offers.

Dontari Poe is going to hit the market free and clear in result. He was a badass 0-tech a few years ago, but now has back problems and his play has slipped in result. Somebody is going to overpay for him and if it's your dumb animal mascot team, you likely paid way too much.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
my predictions:

Cutler is a Jet

Romo to Denver

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Romo will end up in Houston
Cutler to Bills (Fans don't give a poo poo with Jay Cutler, as long as they can powerbomb tables in the parking lot)
Cousins will get tagged
baby giraffe to Chicago
Jimmy G traded to San Francisco
Tyrod traded to Cleveland

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Don't do this to me

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think it'll either be Denver or Houston. A lot of rumors about KC being a favorite, but I don't buy the Chiefs being interested.

They don't have the cap space, Alex would carry a significant dead cap figure till next season and Andy loves tiny hands for god knows why.

The Texans play in an easier division, have a better coach and a better team than the Broncos. Oh and better weather too. Romo would die pretty quickly in Denver without a total Offensive Line revamp. :shobon:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Romo would be great in Houston (if health-hahahaha) but I can't imagine Jerry letting that happen unless he really wants those cap savings by making him a June 1 cut

The Texans don't have a ton of cap space either fwiw

If I'm a FA QB who has made his money and just wants to win I probably pick Houston over KC though. But Denver over Houston

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

peter king thinks cutler to arizona which doesnt make sense

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

Romo would be great in Houston (if health-hahahaha) but I can't imagine Jerry letting that happen unless he really wants those cap savings by making him a June 1 cut

The Texans don't have a ton of cap space either fwiw

If I'm a FA QB who has made his money and just wants to win I probably pick Houston over KC though. But Denver over Houston

Denver's OL is quietly pretty bad now.

I hate OUR WINDOW IS CLOSING panic moves 99% of the tine, but if Houston doesn't jump on a FA QB then it needs to be burned to the ground. I mean, if the humidity will allow it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

For those keeping score, Ian Rappoport said today on the NFL Network that it's looking more likely than not that the Bills keep Tyrod.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Denver is longer a team that is in win-now mode, they still have 3-4 really great defensive players and a few good receivers but that's really it. any new Denver QB will have to deal with a new HC/OC implementing their system in year 1, and there's no offensive line, no run game.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

For those keeping score, Ian Rappoport said today on the NFL Network that it's looking more likely than not that the Bills keep Tyrod.

Other than Buffalo's own front office for a while there, who thought there was a reasonable alternative to keeping Tyrod?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Other than Buffalo's own front office for a while there, who thought there was a reasonable alternative to keeping Tyrod?

There's a legion of dumb Bills fans that want to give Cardale Jones a chance or draft someone new. The thought is that if you're not playing a quarterback with a top 5 ceiling, it's all a waste of time.

From what I gather, the front office wants a veteran stopgap while they groomed either Cardale or a new QB from this year's draft class, but Tyrod's contract is only a few million more a year than even Nick Foles would command anyway. Tyrod's *floor* is a veteran stopgap.

e: Looked at Tyrod's contract again and realized I undersold it. The dead money hit would be pretty huge until 2020; no way Foles gets a contract like that.

But still! It's pretty low for a starting quarterback and I think he's pretty clearly worth it.

fsif fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 21, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets are better off with Glennon than Cutler.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

$500K get the gently caress out of here

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

LiquidFriend posted:

Cutler to Bills
Tyrod traded to Cleveland

This would be close to the NFL of my dreams.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Intruder posted:

Honestly it's probably worth more.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerome Agricola posted:

This would be close to the NFL of my dreams.

Cutler smoking a cig watching the Bills Mafia do its thing before games

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Intruder posted:

let's see, the Jersey the best QB of all time wore when he led his team on a historic comeback in the Super Bowl at age 39 after being the victim of NFL injustice, which also featured the first Super Bowl OT ever?

I don't think that $500k is overstating it. Hell, Brady or Kraft might be willing to pay 500k for it under the right circumstances.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

income inequality lets people with billions of dollars spend millions of dollars on stupid poo poo

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Houston PD has a "Swindlers" division?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the only FA I hope the Titans re-sign is DT Karl Klug. I love that guy.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

It was a cloudy day when Tom Brady's Blouse went missing. We sent this case to the swindlers division. These are their stories.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Athanatos posted:

It was a cloudy day when Tom Brady's Blouse went missing. We sent this case to the swindlers division. These are their stories.

:doink:

Nov 6, 2002

Game... blouses.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Paul Soliali released.

whatever

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Paul Soliali released.

whatever

Also Fat Mike.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

Also Fat Mike.

They released Tolbert??? Wowzers!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

see you in hell fat man

here have a video of eric reid trying to put the hit stick on him at full speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIibC_wlwQ

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Come to LA, Mike