Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

weird Asian candy posted:

He's so weird though because you think he should be able to benefit a team a lot...but I just don't know how much. He isn't even .500 for his career. He isn't going to outright win you any games like you said, but he sure could lose some for you with his bone headed decisions.

The Bears fielded a lot of pure rear end teams during his time there. An elite QB might have dragged them to the playoffs, but anyone short of that level was probably boned for the most part anyway.

2009 - poo poo receivers, poo poo defense
2010- OL is a war crime, still poo poo receivers, defense is good
2011 - Receivers are still all absolute garbage, defense is average
2012 - HOLY poo poo BRANDON MARSHALL, good defense, went 10-6
2013 - HOLY poo poo TWO REAL RECEIVERS but unfortunately 30th ranked defense so whelp
2014 - Defense is an atrocity again
2015 - Defense is just bad instead of incredibad, receivers gone or dead and run game fell off a cliff while Cutler has his most efficient passing season anyway
2016 - Cutler sacked at terrifying rate, receivers mostly dead again, defense bad, got hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Dolphins have decided to cut off some potential FA QB options:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Tavarin posted:

Dolphins have decided to cut off some potential FA QB options:

uhoh tannyhills better watch out :ohdear:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

get it right

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I dunno about way better. Hasn't he been to the playoffs like once in his career? Clearly Jay needs to go to Cleveland.

He's a lot better than the QBs his likely suitors trotted out last season (with the possible exception of my idiot team).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I dunno, I'm just not convinced that Cutler has much left in the tank at this point. He hasn't played 16 games since 2009, missed most of last year with a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, and will turn 34 soon. Gunslinger-type QBs fall off pretty hard once their arm strength starts to decline.

I feel like whoever signs Cutler hoping to win now is about to be mighty disappointed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I dunno about way better. Hasn't he been to the playoffs like once in his career? Clearly Jay needs to go to Cleveland.

the bears have also been in the same division as one or two hall of fame qbs for the last two decades. In that time they've gone to the playoffs a whopping four times, going 0-1 twice. Grossman + stacked defense + greatest return man of all time got them two wins, Cutler got them another with a lot less

the loving Lions have more playoff appearances in the last two decades. god the bears suck

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 23, 2017

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I wouldn't say Matthew Stafford is in the Hall of Fame just yet but I do appreciate your appreciation of him

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

mastershakeman posted:

the loving Lions have more playoff appearances in the last two decades. god the bears suck

To be fair, those are literally all just appearances. Not a single win.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not excited for the Jets to finalize their position as the retirement home for Bears players.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Flimflam Man posted:

To be fair, those are literally all just appearances. Not a single win.

yeah i know, but it shows that they're consistently better in the regular season than the garbage trash bears team who's advertised plan is to get rid of their starters at the two most important positions (qb, wr) and nothing to replace them

here's a list of the most important positions in order on offense and where the bears best players are:
QB - nobody
WR1 - nobody
LT - nobody
RT - nobody
TE - nobody
WR2 - nobody
C - great rookie!
RB - great 5th round pick!
WR3 - nobody
LG - great veteran!
RG - great first round pick!

quite the plan and direction to go

edit: reason for ranking RB so low; leading rusher of last 11 sb winners: blount-31; anderson-90; blount-40; harvin-45; rice-59; bradshaw-72; starks-52; thomas-30; parker-53, bradshaw-45, rhodes-113 (the most recent guy to break 100)

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 23, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/skotty_payne/status/834826470786744321

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okung is the guy I use when explaining to people why you don't sign with a contender for no money to win a championship.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Okung is the guy I use when explaining to people why you don't sign with a contender for no money to win a championship.

Or negotiate your own contract.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can he convert to guard? Asking for a friend (Ehud/Dolphins).

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
bengals are probably going back to the playoffs next year so come to butthead, we need a whitworth replacement because I don't think they're gonna resign him 'cause he's fifty years old

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder if Okung would be willing to negotiate himself another awful contract to play for Houston

I have no idea how he is at RT though

Has to be better than Chris Clark I guess. Having him would be a ~tiny blessing~

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the bengals lose Zeitler and Whit to FA I will post video of an attempt at sepuku with a cucumber.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

If the bengals lose Zeitler and Whit to FA I will post video of an attempt at sepuku with a cucumber.
Gonna remember this.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Will Andey be your second?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

I honestly have a decent amount of faith in the Bengals front office these days which is a hell of a thing, they've done an above-average job of stocking the team with talent

my guess is zeitler gets the money truck, whitty gets let go, and we either take OT early, go hard in FA, or both

hopefully we get someone better than ogbuehi

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

my guess is zeitler gets the money truck, whitty gets let go, and we either take OT early, go hard in FA, or both

That doesn't sound like the Bengals at all.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

korrandark posted:

That doesn't sound like the Bengals at all.

that's fair, I guess we'll go middle market and hope it's good enough to save andey

hey russ okung we'll give you a million or two guaranteed

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

you're a new bengals fan?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

you're a new bengals fan?

I grew up in the 90s, that plus how 2005 ended put me off from paying close attention until about the last two years

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
reminder that the bengals have gone one and done in the playoffs like 8 times in a row lmfao

i mean i know i dont have to remind bengals fans, thats for everyone else

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
For once I'm excited as all hell to see what the Titans do in free agency and the draft.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Come home to Seattle, okung

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking forward to "i'm glad the bengals lost zeitler and whitworth"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hell yeah baby! Hell yeah!! I love it!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This is eerily similar to about 4 years ago when Peyton was doing his free agency tour and didn't even visit KC (because his agent loving hated Scott Pioli) and ended up signing with Denver

Or when Emmanuel Sanders did the same thing

gently caress Denver

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol at the Jaguars and Niners being on there

And Miami for some reason

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I could see an outside case for the Jaguars where they have a chunk of talent being held back by their QB, but uh.... the 49ers? The Browns have a better roster then the 49ers right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why are we on this list

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs signed CJ Spiller.

So uh, that's a thing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

why are we on this list

Nobody believes in the Tann man.

He should use that as motivation.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Romo will hand Tannehill a participation trophy.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This is eerily similar to about 4 years ago when Peyton was doing his free agency tour and didn't even visit KC (because his agent loving hated Scott Pioli) and ended up signing with Denver

Or when Emmanuel Sanders did the same thing

gently caress Denver

If KC is interested I would hope Romo would go there. Couldn't ask for a better coach than Andy of the teams listed. Denver's roster is good but Romo might be a little turned off by them having a rookie head coach.

They may have to pick up a receiver for him to sign. Is Brandon Marshall realistic for the Chiefs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

schweens posted:

If KC is interested I would hope Romo would go there. Couldn't ask for a better coach than Andy of the teams listed. Denver's roster is good but Romo might be a little turned off by them having a rookie head coach.

They may have to pick up a receiver for him to sign. Is Brandon Marshall realistic for the Chiefs?

They have Tyreek Hill and Jeremy Maclin.

That said, I don't want fragile-rear end Tony Romo.

The Chiefs need to draft a QB with the intention of letting him sit behind Alex for a year. If that new QB can actually start this year, then great, but we're not gonna luck into a Dak Prescott situation.

• Locked thread