Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'd prefer we go after McCoy than Peterson, AP didn't look too hot in his few carries last season. Could just be due to an early return from injury, I suppose. But also, AP didn't sound like he was interested in GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really doubt Ted is going to make a free agency splash at running back. What's likely to happen is we re-sign Lacy to a prove-it contract and run both him and Montgomery next season, then decide who to keep. Maybe draft another running back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cap hit of $9m and 0 dead money for a center that didn't see much of a dropoff when his backup was playing this year. Pretty much expected. Great Jet.

Probably has a couple years of above-average play left if he stays healthy.

I liked Nick a whole lot better before he started showing up at Trump rallies... He was a great Jet though.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Hasn't AP said he wants to play for Dallas before his career's over, at least at one point?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Durandal1707 posted:

Hasn't AP said he wants to play for Dallas before his career's over, at least at one point?

Is he ok playing backup at this point in his career? And also not getting paid a lot?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Abugadu posted:

I'd prefer we go after McCoy than Peterson, AP didn't look too hot in his few carries last season. Could just be due to an early return from injury, I suppose. But also, AP didn't sound like he was interested in GB.

Excuse me, I think you'll find that LeSean McCoy would be much happier in Philadelphia. Just attach a stick to Lacy's head and dangle a burger off of it and he should be good again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers would be dumb to dip into the RB market because Lacy was averaging 5.2 ypc before he got hurt and Montgomery seems pretty good considering he hasn't had an offseason at RB. Resign Lacy for 1-2 years imo.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
fat running backs kick rear end and i wish we had one

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd be down with the Chiefs giving Berry a new deal for around 12 million per year and adjusting some contracts to make it rain on Le'Veon Bell, if the Steelers fail to either franchise tag or give him a long-term deal.

The less Alex Smith throws the ball around, the better.

The following moves should make this possible:
-Cutting Jamaal Charles (6.2m savings), Nick Foles (6.75m) and Jah Reid (2m)

-Converting most of Justin Houstson's 16.37 base salary into a signing bonus. Would put them pretty tight against the cap for 2018, but they have a lot of wiggle room to free up a ton of space.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 27, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AP is old, expensive and missed two of the last three seasons with injury. Maybe he's got a good year left in him, but older running backs have a terrible history, and he isn't a good receiving option, so he can't even even give you those like LdT on the Jets years.

I don't know what he'll be offered, but I think for most teams in the league the better option would be using a mid/late first or 2nd day pick on a running back if they need one.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

AP is old, expensive and missed two of the last three seasons with injury. Maybe he's got a good year left in him, but older running backs have a terrible history, and he isn't a good receiving option, so he can't even even give you those like LdT on the Jets years.

I don't know what he'll be offered, but I think for most teams in the league the better option would be using a mid/late first or 2nd day pick on a running back if they need one.

Uhhhhhhh one of those missed seasons was due to injury but it wasn't his own.

it was his son's scrotum

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just a little update on Alshon

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/836180285536493568

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Another thing - The rumored amount for Kenny Stills is $12m per year.

If that is true, bye Kenny :-/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In what universe is kenny still getting 12 million a year

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

who on earth is going to want to pay for him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who is going to be on the bears?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Another thing - The rumored amount for Kenny Stills is $12m per year.

If that is true, bye Kenny :-/

Much like Clay, will be very sad to see him leave, but $12m is not something we can an afford

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FizFashizzle posted:

Who is going to be on the bears?

some interior linemen and a 5th round running back.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

He's probably the best WR to hit the market in years. He's getting an assload of money from someone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

If the Cleveland Browns don't make an attempt to get him I'll be very sad, and they have a lot of money to spend.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bears not keeping Jeffery is a mistake imo but of course my team keeps the talent that we draft and develop, so I'm biased here.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
Can we have some predictions for the starting QB for each team for the next season? It seems like it's still kind of all over the shop right now.

Particularly curious about who people think will be starting for the Texans, Jets, 49ers, and Bears.

Rahzmataz fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 27, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think the Jets are truly dumb enough to think Hack is the guy and it's gonna go just as we all expect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

I think the Jets are truly dumb enough to think Hack is the guy and it's gonna go just as we all expect.

By all accounts the coaches are truly horrified by him

He hasn't even gotten a game day uniform yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LiquidFriend posted:

#suckforsam

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Hackenberg pick was one of the most nonsensical I've seen. He looked genuinely lovely in college. Like, Weeden looked better playing college football than Hack did, for gently caress's sake, and he was just a 50 year old pitcher blindly chucking it 50 times a game

Here are his ranks in JUST THE BIG 10 in 2015:

Passing efficiency rating: #8
Yards per attempt: #8
Passing yards: #9
Passing touchdowns: #6
Completion %: #9

LOL

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus he comes off like a total prick

It's truly Pat White Level stupidity

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Berry is going to get tagged unless they sign him in the next two days. Looks like Poe will hit the open market and get overpaid. Good for him.

Our D-Line is still stacked and Poe was a non-factor last year.

I don't believe we'll really target any high dollar free agents, although I could see us grabbing a couple 2-3M a year guys off the scrap heap once the initial rush is over.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets QB will be Tyrod Taylor.

AFCencest is the best.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hackenberg must have *some* tangible positives that got him drafted, what are they?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hackenberg must have *some* tangible positives that got him drafted, what are they?

He's a big, tall kid who throws a nice deep ball in shorts and a T Shirt.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Physical capacity.

He just lacks literally every other thing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most Jets move will be Jay Cutler.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

In what universe is kenny still getting 12 million a year

This is all per Armando, who is the best source for Dolphins info. The rumor is that the Eagles love Stills and are prepared to break the bank for him.

He's good, but he is not $12m per year good. I would be upset with us going over like $7m per year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Armando actually does research

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets QB will be Tyrod Taylor.

AFCencest is the best.

This would ruin me.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rahzmataz posted:

Can we have some predictions for the starting QB for each team for the next season? It seems like it's still kind of all over the shop right now.

New England Patriots: Tom Brady

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

QB predictions for next year:

Bills & Washington - Keep Tyrod / Cousins

Jets - Sign Cutler in a baffling/desperate/Jetsy attempt to keep their jobs.

Texans - Draft a guy to compete with Osweiler

Jaguars - Ride the Bortles.

Broncos - Sign Romo

Bears/49ers - One of them trades for Jimmy, the other drafts a guy. Both end up disappointed.

Browns - Draft a guy. Probably at #12.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's probably the best WR to hit the market in years. He's getting an assload of money from someone.

no way i don't believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I remember when Hackenberg was talked about as the #1 pick. Probably the same people who did that talked the Jets into picking him.

• Locked thread