Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guys, does anyone want to have a Switch gaming sesh in my exposed brick wall apartment with my friends of various ethnicities? There will be a bowl of tortilla chips and sodas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

from the switch reddit LOL

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hey guys let me get a bunch of posters framed for a video game i've never even played before and put them in my workplace, this is what normal adults do

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeXReX posted:

The things other people spend their money on that don't harm anyone else occupy a large portion of my thoughts

look at this guy caring about people making fun of nerds

How many switches did you preorder?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bad Llama posted:

So is the switch a big smartphone or a small tv?

Neither

It's a giant piece of poo poo

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hey who is excited about playing Zelda or [OTHER NINTENDO SWITCH GAME]???

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lol

I said it before I'll say it again, this is Nintendo's last console

Hello Super Mario PS5

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hmmm maybe designing a system that makes sense in a Japanese sized home where the walls are never more than 3 meters from each other and creating a bunch of Japanese aimed games and Japanese style peripherals wasn't such a great a great idea

I mean to put it in perpsepctive, most of the people I know here in Tokyo still use a MP3 players and CDs in addition to their smartphones for the reason that it already exists, these are the type of people who are creating this system

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

Why is the OS 7 gigs? What could it possibly have on it?

Gotta really pack in all those Mario "hoo-hoo!" voice clips

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LethalGeek posted:

"Nintendo should stop making consoles and make their games for everyone else" - Idiots who have no grasp of how long it's going to take N to finally be out of the pile of money they sit on to have this happen.

Someone do the math on this one

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There's also the issue that once this piece of poo poo comes out no one will ever buy their consoles again and so they won't waste their precious pile of cash on another turd

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New console has one awesome game

Now the question is will they ever have 2

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Where is the precedent for that tho

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Had the best graphics and arguably the best games of that gen tho

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Professor SJW posted:

is super mario rpg good?

yes you idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

!Klams posted:

Well.... I dunno. System shock 2 has you doing the hands on crafting, what's more your inventory is just at the top of the screen, you're still playing while crafting, and a mad zombie could ambush you any second.

It's horrible and messy and clunky and that's the point, it's terrifying and makes you feel like you're in over your head doing the chemistry / biology crafting.

Don't forget it also came out almost 20 years ago before people knew how to make UIs in 3D games

• Locked thread