Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kuato posted:

How has gamestop managed to not go the way of Borders and Circuit City? I cant remember the last time I've been there; I think I got Halo 2 SE there in 2004 and maybe some other game that was out of stock everywhere else.

Who is their demographic? Fatty Mcbutterpants recluses who cant afford Amazon Prime?

they make pretty much 100% of their revenue from trade-ins and used hardware

so their demographic is the person who buys a videogame on monday for $60 and then sells it back to the store for $20 on thursday, but still considers that a good deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Partycat posted:

You guys are playing with fire messing with the gamestop gang.

Maybe you've heard of them, on the streets they call em "Crisps"

i ain't afraid of no mark-rear end gamestop gang

they can't deliver a beatdown unless you preorder

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

JediTalentAgent posted:

The 360 launched in an era where downloadable games were still considered sort of a novelty, though.

Sure. But for the life of the system, even when downloadable games became A Thing and they started offering reasonable size drives, they still charged out the rear end for their dumb proprietary drives. Which were just an average slow laptop drive with magic bios and a plastic caddy.

They were constantly called on it by people as stupid profit-taking when they should be encouraging people to buy more games by giving them cheap storage.

And the Xbox One was almost as bad, standard model at launch came with 500gb drives and the OS and poo poo uses 140 of that. Space for like 10 games. But at least MS can figure out how to deliver downloads that take less than a day.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

given the pitiful battery life the switch has, even the tethered to the outlet part of this picture is accurate

then remember that li batteries lose capacity after 1-2 years and the switch's isn't replaceable. a great portable system!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rutibex posted:

video games really are for children anyway. you should buy a power tool with you money instead, and build a shed

i don't know, are there achievements or an online ranking system for sheds?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
these days the real money is in stealing & selling way before street date so get a job as a longshoreman

some guy paid $1300 for a weeks-early copy of No Man's Sky, lol

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Applewhite posted:

The player guides Zelda through the maze so he can rescue the princess.

A monster appears!

Fairy: hey! Listen! This monster can only be defeated by purchasing a bottle of Mountain Dew. Scan the q-code on the bottle with your Switch Scanner to activate your attack!

wait are we talking about the switch or the xbox here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Manic Mailman posted:

Is there going to be a Smash Brothers game for the Switch? Or are they basically going to port all the Wii-U games and call them 1080P versions to gently caress with the public?

Smash is gonna be a wiiu port with maybe some characters and tweaks. same with mariokart. zelda is gonna look a little better on switch than wiiu.

the only major reason to own the thing this calendar year is the new mario game.

• Locked thread