Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like the Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"It's something you can experience, but not something you'll really want to."

Basically sums up the whole console

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is Horizon any good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Leon Einstein posted:

I played WW and just got stuck sailing everywhere. gently caress that. Haven't played a zelda since.

The HD version on Wii U cuts out 90% of the necessary fishing quests and gives you a sail that makes you go twice as fast, so they basically perfected the game

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Exioce posted:

I bought some good games for the Wii U thinking I might get a Wii U but now I'm thinking prices won't drop too much for the Wii U and I should forget about the Wii U. So, how is CEMU for emulating the Wii U? And will I miss not having the tablet that comes with the Wii U?

Wii U.

SM3DW, Bayonetta 1/2 and WWHD justify the system and there are plenty of good cheap Wii games

For real SM3DW is the best Mario game in a very long time by leagues

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You gotta go to K-Mart for that, and blank VHS tapes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SD87 posted:

How is mario kart not a launch title can someone explain this

Mario Kart has always been a second tier release though. Like 6 mo-1 year in

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is the preferred alternative to the dual shock layout though? The Xbox controller layout isn't all THAT significantly different (and I prefer the dual shock personally because my left thumb is a little hosed up and it sits at a better angle for me)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought one of those 360 pads with the transforming D-pad because I liked it for fighting games and the plastic was so cheap that it literally crumbled after like 3 months of use. That combined with the joystick placement making my thumb joint lock up and I just sold the whole loving console in favor of PS3 and the dual shock and never looked back

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Batterypowered7 posted:

Why would you play fighting games (plural) and not buy a proper fight stick?
I don't have an answer for this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A cool thing about Twilight Princess is that everyone I talked to who played the GameCube version thought it was overall pretty good and everyone who played the Wii version rated it much lower. If they had just put it out on GC it would probably be remembered as one of the better mainline games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There is no way the Switch sold better than the Wii over 2 days is there?

Just up thread there are photos of scalpers who purchased ten systems. I've seen a ton of scalpers in my local Craigslist and FB swap groups as well.

• Locked thread