Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Imagine how good zelda would be, if nintendo developed it from the ground up for a good device like the ps4 or pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Nintendo is the new Hasbro

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Games don't have oscar winning narratives but currently they are on par with most blockbuster action movies in terms of complexity.

Also video games deserve recognition for being art just as much as movies imo. I think things like environment design in Dark Souls is pretty loving stunning.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

No. 6 posted:

If I'm an idiot and want this, what's my best bet for finding one on launch day?

Toys'R'Us

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
"What if they made zelda but for adult audiences, and it had good graphics and non gimmicky controls and it was on a non nintendo console?"

They did. Its called Dark Souls.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
"Don't lose money on hardware. But also try to keep price around the same as the competition."

Nintendo's sound business strategy. This is single-handedly loving over the future of their company.

This is why their consoles have the processing power of a phone. This is why they have to rely on lovely gimmicks. This is why their third party is dead. This is why their consoles have no games. This is why they don't sell.

Round and round it goes uggghhhh

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I miss my N64. I miss my Gamecube.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
My brother asked me yesterday if I would go halves with him on buying the Nintendo Switch and the thought of getting this amazing console for half the price compelled me to say no.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Horizon is a good Zelda game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Trunko posted:

Was minrcraft what started this stupid crafting craze or was it just riding the crest of the wave that was already there

I think it was a combination of minecraft + every game being open world now so they try to steal as much as they can from RPGs

• Locked thread