Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm getting one and I will enjoy it much like my Wii U, because the games are fun and I'm not hung up on my nerd image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

"Nintendo should stop making consoles and make their games for everyone else" - Idiots who have no grasp of how long it's going to take N to finally be out of the pile of money they sit on to have this happen.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

So we're idiots for suggesting they don't bleed themselves dry with endless gimmicks and compromises?
Kinda, it's just how this weird rear end company is gonna be.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Haha that pile disappeared a long time ago. That was the Wii U defence.
Nah they still got some $Billions in the bank, I just looked.
"As of March 31, 2016, cash and deposits total 534,706 million yen. This is equivalent to 4.46 billion dollars."

They're going to keep doing what they do and idc cause Splatoon 2 is coming out and that's all I want.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

In 5 years Nintendo will be making Playstation games, so it's k.

lol no

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shovelware simply follows the system with the most sales, and now a days with ports being a lot easier than they once were and digital buys being a thing pff don't blame Sony one bit for just embracing it. Someone's obviously buying this crap.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

I wanted to love Metroid Prime but the controls just pissed me off too much. Then some Nintendo fanboy told me the problem was that I was treating it like an FPS and not an adventure game and I got :confused:
It was meant to be played via targetting not like you would Doom so yeah apparently you're like the one person who didn't figure that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The console is basically still in software beta like the wii U was. Us dumbasses who keep buying these things early are used to this crap, it typically gets fixed in a few months.

Also man these Zelda reviews are crazy

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hip check please posted:

If I had to guess I would say a lot of the hype for the new zelda is just people who have only owned nintendo consoles before who are excited to be playing an open world game for the first time in their lives.

Nah it's good. Most open world games are zzzzz

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah you wanna talk about odd hardware choices the ps2 was... Whew a nightmare. Whomever designed that was insane.

If you all want something to mock there is not enough talk about the left joycon being busted for a lot of people. To the point that a recall won't surprise me. Mine all works though and got to play Zelda while out and about yesterday and that was awesome. I really like that I don't have to wait to get home to play something or have to look at a small screen when I do get home.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

What are you carrying it around in? I don't own any cargo pants, JNCO jeans, or a fanny pack, and I don't want to have to carry an extra bag around just to keep it in.

My hand or my back pack. Edit: or a waterproof little bag I got or my cargo shorts, maybe it's kinda winter here still.

The save thing above me was countered by a goon with an sd card who could see the save files on the card when put in a pc so Nintendo doesn't even know their own poo poo lol.

Zelda is still very good, you should play it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Whatever it's doing it's fast. The load times are pretty drat good. Feels good to be back on carts

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Reviewers get caught up in the hype train and reverence for name brands just like everyone else.

What gaming companies do isn't giving money to reviewers directly, but sending reviewers exclusive collectible poo poo they can then sell on eBay. Or stuff like expensive headsets.

While that all is probably the case I'm going to say something crazy and I need you to follow me here: Zelda is just that good. The couple before it were ehhhhhh and I didn't have any if probably low expectations of this one. This game is just fun. My cold dead heart is having fun again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

!Klams posted:

You'd have to be a straight up doofus to give Shenmue a low score though, its so obviously great. I suspect he was forced to raise the score a few points because its like giving 'Super Mario Brothers' or 'Half Life 2' or whatever a low score, its just not a useful thing for a gaming magazine to do.

The game hasn't aged well and certainly has rough spots but at the time the things they did to make the game seem less of a game are now pretty standard, so yeah someone giving it a bad review is pretty telling that they weren't seeing things the same way the rest of us were.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I was really on board with Zelda but then I saw they added a crafting system then laughed as I exited the stream. I'm done with loving crafting in videogames.

It's the most lazy crafting (assuming you mean the cooking) thing ever. You throw stuff in a pot and get food or potions. Oh yeah what a trial

Edit: its almost impossible to fail it, you always get something useful.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 6, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Those scalpers are pretty boned as seems like most goons were able to hit up a random store and find them and then more came in over the weekend. Nintendo, hopefully, learned their lesson from the NES classic gently caress up and just seem to be cranking these things out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I hear people were able to walk into their local Targets at noon and still pick up a Switch in most major areas, so that's pretty good.

It's all relative to how big a place you live but there was a lot of "there's 60 people in front of target and they said they got 100" and another chunk of well almost everyone got one.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

More likely: Interest is low.

That was on Saturday. Today good luck finding one that isn't some scalper garbage. Yeah people aren't losing their minds trying to get one but they're not sitting around like the Wii U did.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't even really register how stupid the go into the menu to cook thing was. I mean you're right, it's pretty derp.

Apparently I don't play a lot of bad games with crafting systems though so my tolerance for this is way higher than some.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I climbed up a wall, got around the corner above 2 guys, snuck around behind them up a bridge and then cold cocked one guy into the water and smashed in the face of the other one before he could alert the rest.

Some MSG poo poo up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Brown Menace posted:

Ljl at jorting up to carry around your Japanese infant distracter

plainly posted from a cell phone, the irony

• Locked thread