Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When Capcom announces a Monster Hunter for the switch I will buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Heath posted:

Is Horizon any good

It's really, really loving good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

I got nioh and nier coming next week. Horizon looked a little too much like farcry so I thought I would wait.

Horizon is more CD Projekt than Ubisoft.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Professor SJW posted:

im going to play horizon AND the new zelda. im a crazy man someone stop mee :wth:

You should play all the good games.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My $2500 toy has slightly better graphics than your $300-400 toy :smuggo:

Holy gently caress, PC gamers suck rear end.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao

pc master race, the worst of all nerds

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

My gaming PC upgrades in the last few years are:
1 EVGA GTX 1060 for $240
That is all.

Rocking an old Intel Pentium G3258 I got for $30 forever ago and other parts in the PC I've had since well into last console gen. I play games at 4K resolution with far better resolution, detail, and frame rates.
I can buy brand new games at launch for much less than they cost on consoles.
Backwards-compatibility? Going back about 35 years or so.
Open platform? Yep.
Bla, bla, bla. Check, check, check.

The people who make stupid comparisons like $2500 to $300 are people who think the only way to have a gaming machine is to go to alienware.com. Please go on about the merits of the nintendo switch vs PCs.

I just wanna quote this again because lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Brown Menace posted:

the new zelda looks really good and fun btw too bad its on a trash console with nothing else going for it

thats my lukewarm take

The Wii U is good though

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Exioce posted:

I have all of these and more on the Selects range. Not that I have a 4K monitor (yet), but I read CEMU can render 4K with graphics packs. That's pretty cool and is kinda swaying me to pass on the Wii U. The only thing I'm gonna miss is the eShop Wii game ports such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, Kirby's Adventure, and Pandora's Tower. On the other hand, I do have a few eShop codes from that Humble Bundle...

CEMU is a long way off from being able to play much of anything, like years.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Dreamcast had Ooga Booga making it one of the greatest things ever made.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If the stuck pixel is black it's not a huge deal but if it is white or bright green it's a real problem.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I got Breath of the Wild for WiiU and I think if you take away the 10 Zelda points from the metacritic score it's pretty accurate. A good game but lol at a 98 for it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Professor SJW posted:

is this like how people think disney pays critics to give marvel movies a high score and trash dc movies? i dont think nintendo is giving reviewers yen, guys

No, I don't think they pay them I think hype just fuels inflated scores for a lot of games and first party Nintendo games are some of the worst offenders. The standard open world game tropes that get poo poo on for other games, like climbing towers to reveal the map, are getting praise in Zelda reviews.

It's a good and fun game but it's not better than the Witcher 3 or Horizon Zero Dawn.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 6, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Perhaps they felt that a picture was worth a thousand words, a few thousand in the case of that one.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It would have worked great on the Wii U gamepad touchscreen but they had to turn that off so the Wii U version wouldn't be the superior one.

The tablet you get right at the beginning is the drat Wii U gamepad. gently caress you nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Dennis System posted:

Towers that reveal the map? Crafting? This is troubling.

Well you see the towers take way longer to climb in Zelda cause the climbing is slow as gently caress so you are much more immersed and farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

• Locked thread