Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
video games really are for children anyway. you should buy a power tool with you money instead, and build a shed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor SJW posted:

i wonder if i can set it up so my phone automatically takes a photo when the blade falls and posts it in a thread in gbs and sends an alert to kuato so he can get first post

anybody know how to set that up on an android? pls pm me

i think it would be easier to do a live stream

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No joke this is 100% the case. When the DS first came out, all these loving stupid local news stations did reports on HOW CHILD PREDATORS ARE GOING TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CHILDREN! TONIGHT AT 10. And you know what it was about? loving Pictochat that was built into the original DS.

poo poo like that is why they won't even allow you to use custom Miis in Smash online. Obviously it's not incapable of doing it. They just don't want news reports about Timmy playing Smash against Hitler.

The abysmal way they handle digital downloads is unrelated though.

cant pedos just call the kids on their phones

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

Gamestop have announced you can now trade swap a Barcode Battler for a Nintendo Switch and it's entire collection of 5 games.

drat man i wanted Barcode battler so bad, but i never got it. i want Barcode Battler still to this day, more than Nintendo Switch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nice Van My Man posted:

I was you, then a local toy store went out of business and gave a big discount on a Barcode Battler. I got together what money I had and bought one. It continues to be what I remember as one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

i just watched a youtube review of barcode battler, and i have to say my illusions have been broken. i had envisioned something awesome like PokemonGO, except with barcodes. but the reality is much worse! my mother was right to refuse it to me

i am sorry for your childhood

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

And you can softmod them now.

i bet nintendo released the softmod themselves on the down low, to liquidate all the old WiiU hardware

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WhyteRyce posted:

I saw an article referring to Breath of the Wild as a system seller, but can something really be a system seller if it's available on the previous generation?

yes, if no one bought the WiiU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

The actual character of Link blows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5tkAUNFa4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carmant posted:

Yeah it sure sucks to have a softmodded NEw 3DS XL in the sleek black colorway with infinite free games.. NOT.

you can play DS games on your phone

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

counterpoint: touch controls [like touch controls for d pad and buttons] are loving terrible

thats what this is for my man!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sony should come out with a tablet that plays PS3 games. not like disks or anything, just the ones you can download. i'm sure they could cram a PS3 into a tablet now a days. i'd totally buy that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

When you look for a USB cable Amazon will show 3 different brands and lengths but same connection USB cables and insist they are frequently bought together. Nobody does that Amazon quit being a booty.

how dare you besmirch the honor of amazon, it would never do something so uncouth! you must be thinking of the "users who viewed this item also viewed" section

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

stealing video games isn't so much immoral as just supremely pathetic and gay

its true, why would you go to a store and shoplift games when copyright infringement is so easy? you would have to be a real idiot to steal a game

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the problem with the framerate?

its a nintendo console

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

the first pentium would have been the 586

:ssh:dont tell north korea

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

You joke, but there's definitely some truth to the idea that Nintendo has failed to adapt to the growths and changes of the gaming scene. They still seem to think that games are the electronic toys of the early 90s

i was playing Fallout 2 and baldurs gate in the 90s. games haven't changed, nintendo just has their market niche

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
fallout 2 has better writing than fallout 4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Can I watch old QI on it?

Qi is trash now that Steven Fry is gone :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

Just emulate that poo poo on your Wii, WiiU, PS3, PC, Raspberry Pi, Android phone or whatever.

i want to emulate it on the NES Classic :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vKP0qttk0

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Raider posted:

i think for 60 bucks, that thing is an excellent present for that nephew you dont know what the gently caress to get for christmas

that was actually my plan, until Nintendo under produced them. instead i got my nephew a bluetooth controller and showed him how to use it with his tablet

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
all things not created by nature are human artifice

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Then there's the benefit of piracy being ridiculously difficult (compared to iPhone, Android, and PC) on consoles. Excluding the Wii because that thing was hacked within like 2 years of release (the 3DS and WiiU took forever).

benefits of avoiding console piracy are offset by Nintendo consoles being so weak they are quickly emulated

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Zelda 2 was pretty good, they should make another Zelda 2 with that New Super Mario Bros engine

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

I'm playing the Nintendo Switch right now.

Oh, wait, my mistake; I'm flushing a toilet full of poo poo :smug:

whats the framerate?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

"nindies" oh good lord

e. though I do look forward to emulating that blaster master game on something else

i skipped randomly around that video and stopped on the Blaster Master clip. i was a little surprise nintendo would be hyping a 30 year old NES game, but not overly surprised

glad to know there is a remake and nintnedo hasnt gone that far down yet

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stale Saltines posted:

you can already play those games on a windows tablet with a bt controller

yeah but windows 10 is gross

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/836667019931967488

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor SJW posted:

lol nintendo doesnt release good games on virtual console

nintendo has been milking that heifer too long, the udder has dried up. its time to grind it up and get some hamburger. xbox and playstation both have online services for game, why not kick their rear end and do netflix for ROMs? none of this $5 for Castlevania 2 bullshit, just a monthly fee and i can play any and all NES/SNES/N64/Gameboy games i want on the Switch.

i might actually consider paying money for that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Smasher posted:

OR

just hear me out here

you just :filez: the poo poo out of ROMs and save yourself the embarrassement of telling your friends 'hey come over I got a Switch'

i already do this. but i might consider giving nintendo money anyway, if they made an actual good service (and a good N64 emulator). but i am certainly not going to pay for a highly inferior product

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor SJW posted:

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

smash brothers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nonviolent J posted:

Yeah as mentioned earlier get a wii u and mod it with glorious emulators

i just bought one of those Android TV things. its like having a console thats already modded out of the box

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

it's probably just me but one of the things I am most excited for re: The Nintendo Switch(tm) is that it will play virtual console games with online multiplayer. I will finally be able to prove I am Uniracers/Unirally champion :D

you can play emulators with online lobbies and multiplay on HappyChick emulator for android. most of the people to play against are from Hong Kong, and they mostly just play old arcade fighting games but you can play any ROM in theory. Happy Chick is a really great program, god bless the chinese:
http://www.xiaoji001.com/m/en/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think it goes without saying, you should definitely not play The SImpsons Arcade Game over online multiplay unless you own a physical Simpsons Arcade cabinet. i would never reccomend anyone do otherwise

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Yeah sure buddy let me install some Chinese executable to play arcade game

at least if it has spyware for the Chinese government, it likely doesn't have spyware from the US government? :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Just buy a game from twenty years ago from the publisher and play it on an emulator with their logo in the corner. The money won't go to original developers anyway, but, uh, you'll ensure that, uh, more twenty year old games are available for legal purchase as emulators prepacked with a ROM. This is the only moral thing to do.
:ohdear:
if you question work for hire or publishing contracts the entire morality of copyright in general goes out the window! you can't do that its dangerous thinking

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a bone to pick posted:

Gamecube was easily the best nintendo console, they should make a gamecube U.

they did it was called the Wii

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yup, it's not like the 3DS battery life is good. Handheld battery life has been lackluster since the DS Lite/PSP days and has only gone downhill with the 3DS. The Switch has a pretty huge battery so it's not bad in comparison.

yet my samsung tablet lasts all day on one change. its almost like nintendo sucks at designing hardware

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

are you playing 3-d intensive games on it all day or browsing forums

i watch videos of people playing 3-d intensive games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Roargasm posted: