Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Waiting for the reviews before I decide if the switch or the wii u will be the appropriate zelda console for me.

It will probably be a repeat of last time where the Wii version of Twilight Princess sucked because of garbage controls but was a great game on the old gamecube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Playing Zelda while making GBS threads feels pretty good IMO

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Horizon Zero Dawn has a menu option that lets you choose between "favor performance" or "favor resolution", why doesn't every game have that

Most modern games care more about how the graphics look in screenshots than how it performs in motion, I don't care if my game becomes a bit uglier as long as it keeps a consistent locked 30fps so please let us adjust it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Professor SJW posted:

true enough. is zelda choppy? i havent really read any reviews

It's pretty inconsistent :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqaTdflkNU&t=450s

I'll be really angry if it runs smoother on the old wii u

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

ocarina of time, hailed by all nerds as the greatest game of all time, ran consistently at 15-20 fps so I don't see what people are complaining about. The switch is an improvement compared to nintendos usual effort :colbert:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Speaking of which, lots of really terrible voice acting in this game

It seems stupid to voice it really badly in certain key cutscenes when the rest of the game is text only anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm sure it's because of the recent shortage of NES minis, scalpers no doubt thought the same thing would happen to the switch. But Nintendo has pumped out huge numbers to profit from day one hype and they knew they had a really strong launch game.

lol at everything about the joycons though, what a garbage design

• Locked thread