Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nonviolent J posted:

seriously you stupid faggots, look into wii u modding

every console up to N64 playable on the gamepad is crazy

and if you mod the virtual wii part n64 shoddily included!

plus play gamecube and wii roms oh man

Thanks, I had packed up my Wii U to make (HDMI port) room for the Switch and forgot I had done this. The Wii U can live on in my bedroom as a handheld I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

hemale in pain posted:

nintendo advert - "look at these garbage minigames which have been around for 20 years. pay £300 for a chance to play them now!"

You're among friends, not even goons who are interested in the Switch are interested in this game. Well, maybe a few of them. I'll admit that I hope one of my friends buys it, but I'd still have a hard time buying it at $20.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Batterypowered7 posted:

I would have thrown $40 at Bomberman ($32 after discount from Amazon Prime) but I'm not spending $50 on it. I also just realized the dock only has one USB port, which means it won't ever be able to use the Gamecube adapter the Wii U had.

Nah it has three, one recessed in the lil door, and two paired together on the side.

I forgot about the Wii U GameCube converter. I wonder if it becomes a thing on the Switch for GameCube VC. That'd be pretty cool, but wildly optimistic. I don't even give a poo poo about GameCube VC.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Loin King posted:

where is the animal crossing

animal crossing is a good game full of neighbors that dont want to sexually assault me and i need to know what resetti is doing in the next gen of consoles

Not announced or even hinted at yet. Except for the fact that there's a bunch of Animal Crossing characters to choose from as a profile picture, that make up like 15% of the options. I'm not getting my hopes up for a core Animal Crossing game because sometimes Nintendo just doesn't get it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Codependent Poster posted:

The system can't even handle 900p. While Sony and Microsoft are working on 4k. But I'm sure third parties will port over their major releases!

I mean if they actually get decent third party support for once then good for them, but what third party games are people buying in droves anymore? Call of Duty? Battlefield? I can't remember the last multiplatform third party game I bought... Shovel Knight?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Batterypowered7 posted:

Nintendoes it again! How is the Games thread spinning this one?

The main thread is closed until launch but ya this is some dumb poo poo they need to address.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GBS shitposting is bottom of the barrel slapstick

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yea I'm of the camp that sees the aliasing and frame drops and can't justify 10/10 MASTERPIECE but I am absolutely enthralled by the game so far. Some of my favorite games of all time had pretty lovely frame rates in comparison, too.

What I find hilarious is how excited I am about the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo in portable mode. An anime rendition of a 30+ year old puzzle game on brand new evolutionary hardware. I went from "who cares if it's portable mine's living in the dock" to complete gushing over the portability in an instant.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 3, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I had one too and liked it. :( Also liked the 32X though so I'm a pretty big dummy

Dude I got a 32X for Christmas and was immediately furious that I wasted that year's "The Big One" on that hunk of poo poo when I plugged in Mortal Kombat and the loving WALLS ARE STILL GREEN this thing doesn't do poo poo! It was the first time in my life I had ever been bamboozled.

I'm still pretty keen on the Switch, though. This thing could take off as an amazing handheld-slash-retro machine, or it could end up getting the same poo poo support the Wii U did from both third parties and Nintendo and die a quick death after Mario Odyssey.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nuts and Gum posted:

A friend with no impulse control picked up a switch and confirmed the joy cons are garbage meant for Japanese preteens. But that's okay since the pro controller for 70 bucks is available now!

No, you can't use the pro controller from the Wii U, the colors wouldn't match properly.

They're great attached to the Switch, but I don't really like them on their own either. Didn't try the grip yet, I bought a Pro controller.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Honestly new Zelda is maybe a 7-8/10. Goons losing their minds over how amazing it is. A lot of the realism Skyrim whatever aspects like weather/temp affecting you and weapon durability are annoying as gently caress. I guess I prefer a more linear Zelda too. That's disregarding the poo poo graphics and fps

Still gonna give it an honest go and maybe it'll pick up idk

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Breath of the Wild owns and you are dumb.

I fit in someplace in the middle, biased slightly towards the black man hugging a cutie honey pillow

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SD87 posted:

How is mario kart not a launch title can someone explain this

The mainline Mario game being at least 9 months out is the real oddity. That needed to be the launch title. Maybe both Zelda and Mario, but it's not like that was necessary for a successful launch.

Then again, it's pretty obvious they rushed this thing out the door. Zelda is pretty complete-feeling, but the Switch isn't (at least as far as the OS is concerned.) Kinda par for the course for recent Nintendo hardware, though.

enojy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 5, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The_Franz posted:

that's what you get when you deal with the last bargain-basement chinese lcd manufacturer who still makes 720p screens in 2017

The screen is gorgeous. Very bright and sharp with a pleasing color profile.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LethalGeek posted:

Whatever it's doing it's fast. The load times are pretty drat good. Feels good to be back on carts

After a couple years of PS4, it feels really bizarre to wake this thing from sleep and be playing Zelda in about 3 seconds total. I just realized, the Switch adopted a very similar sleep mode to the 3DS, and I love that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't think anyone is saying anything about the towers other than "it is what it is." Then again I didn't read any reviews. I bet people are saying that poo poo. I mean, I appreciate the view they give me... but that's not new at all.

• Locked thread