Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
This game kicks rear end and you can get it for $12 by signing up for humble monthly (you can cancel right away).

I've never played a Total War before this so I was pretty confused at the start, but the more I learned the more I enjoyed it. I love exploding my foes with guns and artillery and hunting down enemy heroes on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's a lot of fun, OP. I meant to bring this sale up in my TW:WH thread from a while back but I guess threads only have three months or so until they're automatically archived? Lame

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
$12!? Hell yeah thanks OP

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it's cool how games workshop was incredibly difficult with letting people use the warhammer IP but they nearly went out of business so they're licensing it to almost anyone who asks

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it's cool how games workshop was incredibly difficult with letting people use the warhammer IP but they nearly went out of business so they're licensing it to almost anyone who asks

They were convinced that the real money was in injection molded plastic vertically distributed through stores that smell strongly of piss.

Thanks for the tip OP, just picked this up. It doesn't charge you again until the end of March, so you can wait a few weeks and get the "bundle of indie games that will sit in Steam with 0 hours played" before canceling.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
How were you confused if War Never Changes OP?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Is this that Alt-Right game people keep talking about?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

emoji posted:

How were you confused if War Never Changes OP?

Fallout Guy: War... War never changes

Solid Snake: War... has changed

Me:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Rage against the machine

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me:

War has changed, full stop. If you think the other thing you are a fool

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
This game is pretty much what that King Arthur game tried to be a few years back. It's very good and fun.

I recommend the better camera mod in the workshop.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The stainless steel mod for Medieval 2 is still epic to this day. CHeck it out if you want more total war.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wonder if whoever made the decision not to license to blizzard is still employed

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

P-Mack posted:

They were convinced that the real money was in injection molded plastic vertically distributed through stores that smell strongly of piss.

Thanks for the tip OP, just picked this up. It doesn't charge you again until the end of March, so you can wait a few weeks and get the "bundle of indie games that will sit in Steam with 0 hours played" before canceling.

I can NOT wait to see what my surprise games are as well

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Started playing this today and it is freaking epic. Easily the best TW to date.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

It is indeed awesome.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I just cant seem to get enough artillery. Id get like 8 units but I'd probably get hosed by a cav army or ambush

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also can someone explain how horde factions work? Thinking of getting beastmen but I have no idea how techs and advancement/income work without settlements

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Average Bear posted:

my last TW game before this was Shogun 2 and that was so janky compared to this

the only thing I miss is the shameful display callout. Wonder if I can mod that in

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me:

both are true actually

Ristolaz posted:

Also can someone explain how horde factions work? Thinking of getting beastmen but I have no idea how techs and advancement/income work without settlements

you know the encamp posture that most armies have? hordes just put up their 'city' when they do that, so every time they pop out of the encamp posture they just pack up all their buildings and pull it along with them.

techs work exactly the same, income also basically works exactly the same but horde buildings don't really 'do' bonus income. the tradeoff is that horde units cost much less to keep up so you can generally support a decent sized horde pretty easy, you just keep raiding and looting.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 24, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I am very bad at this good game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Foxhound posted:

You'll get better

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What's your favorite faction to play?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Foxhound posted:

I'm

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

The sound of the hellstorm rocket battery faction

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

how're the dlc factions, ny I shouldnt bother eith

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Coolguye posted:

both are true actually

you know the encamp posture that most armies have? hordes just put up their 'city' when they do that, so every time they pop out of the encamp posture they just pack up all their buildings and pull it along with them.

techs work exactly the same, income also basically works exactly the same but horde buildings don't really 'do' bonus income. the tradeoff is that horde units cost much less to keep up so you can generally support a decent sized horde pretty easy, you just keep raiding and looting.

I forgot to say thanks, that sounds cool. Does that mean each stack has to have the buildings required to produce advanced units or do they work globally?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

you have to buy dlc for gore :what:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Dwar- *coughs* Duardin

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

you have to buy dlc for gore :what:

Shogun II, Rome II and Attila have also done this. I wonder if it's some kind of rating thing?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Shogun II, Rome II and Attila have also done this. I wonder if it's some kind of rating thing?

It's a money thing my bro.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

You'll get better

I learn stuff with every failed campaign. I feel my power grow

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

when are they gonna add Lizardmen

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ristolaz posted:

I forgot to say thanks, that sounds cool. Does that mean each stack has to have the buildings required to produce advanced units or do they work globally?

i think it works the same way as cities (need buildings for local but some fraction of the pool can be recruited for more money globally) but i always underuse the global recruiting stuff so i never remember the details exactly

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Cool. I bought it yesterday and started a campaign but got ambushed and wiped by orion. Goodbye gentle beasts....

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You know how old games sometimes had no blood or green blood settings or whatever. It's that except they decided to charge money for it

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Do they have Grail Pilgrims in the new DLC? I want some dead knights being hauled into battle as reliquae.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Korthal posted:

Do they have Grail Pilgrims in the new DLC? I want some dead knights being hauled into battle as reliquae.

They do, according to the unit roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

They do, according to the unit roster.

Yeah, I just watched the trailer and saw one.

I'm pumped now.

• Locked thread