Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Danger
Jan 15, 2017

Evangelist of Atheism
Windows update ran and rebooted the computer several times. Now all I get is a blank screen. I can hold down the power button for 4 seconds and it will shut off. Turning it back on just gives the blank screen and it doesn't even POST. I can't find any extra reset button other than the power button. I tried booting off the Windows 10 DVD, but nothing happened. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, like maybe there's some way to force a hard reset? Any ideas would be appreciated. It's an MSI CR 720 running Windows 10 home x64.

Eric Danger fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's possible that the HDD/SSD died.

I'd try taking some of the RAM out if you can. A bad stick could cause this behavior too.

• Locked thread