Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

are there any good highlights from CPACs past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Sarah Palin has talked the last few years, in 2013 she did it with a Big Gulp in her hand to protest Bloomberg's soda regulations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkRw4EOwY2g

==============================================

a guy defended slavery during a breakout as being good because "they had food and shelter"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUgXJYgMbY

==============================================

Literally any Michelle Malkin speech

Rush Limbaugh did about an hour in 2009

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
man that Russia panel is gonna get headlines for weeks as talking heads debate endlessly what it means

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a literal anchor baby who hates immigrants will never not be funny to me

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
has there been an unironic pro-feudalist meeting at cpac? although i imagine you can't top pro-slavery

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/VictoryHoldings/status/834116448003977220

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Exactly what each party deserves

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Donkwich posted:

has there been an unironic pro-feudalist meeting at cpac? although i imagine you can't top pro-slavery

https://mobile.twitter.com/returntoorder?lang=en

there's this guy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there an LPAC

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there an LPAC

It never got past the planning stage. Since it was the second one, after CPAC, someone thought it would be clever to call it 2PAC, like the rapper and, long story short, everyone ended up claiming everyone else was racist\too sensitive, most of the committee disbanded, and the remaining members decided instead to plan a dinner together at Nando's. Only half showed up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i think two sources of "brain with gaping holes in it" is pushing it but that's just me

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Reagan on the streets
Trump in the sheets

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Reagan on the streets
Trump in the sheets

I might be mostly Reagan (confused and useless) but I'm Trump (bloated and noxious) where it counts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there an LPAC

DailyKos used to organize a thing called Netroots in the summer, don't know if that's still going

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious frankie posted:

It never got past the planning stage. Since it was the second one, after CPAC, someone thought it would be clever to call it 2PAC, like the rapper and, long story short, everyone ended up claiming everyone else was racist\too sensitive, most of the committee disbanded, and the remaining members decided instead to plan a dinner together at Nando's. Only half showed up.

LOL

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

I guess he's picked a side, and that side is "anyone who'll pay attention to Ken Bone."

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Am I wrong to read the addition of Ken Bone as a desperate attempt to seem cooler, particularly the younger crowd?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I assume ken bone is trying to make himself into a Joe The Plumber situation and has an agent shopping his poo poo everywhere, rather than an attempt at a "get" by cpac.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

whomupclicklike posted:

Am I wrong to read the addition of Ken Bone as a desperate attempt to seem cooler, particularly the younger crowd?

He's at a booth, not speaking on stage

Some sponsor or vendor brought him in

I for one am shocked they could book him on such short notice, I'm sure he's got a lot going on

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hitler youth?

https://twitter.com/mschlapp/status/834086918627418114

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Bushiz posted:

I assume ken bone is trying to make himself into a Joe The Plumber situation and has an agent shopping his poo poo everywhere, rather than an attempt at a "get" by cpac.

Apparently Joe the Plumber went into journalism and runs a "news site" now. Which is kind of weird.

skaboomizzy posted:

He's at a booth, not speaking on stage

Some sponsor or vendor brought him in

I for one am shocked they could book him on such short notice, I'm sure he's got a lot going on

That someone thought he was worth bringing in kind of boggles me considering how irrelevant he is now.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

whomupclicklike posted:

Apparently Joe the Plumber went into journalism and runs a "news site" now. Which is kind of weird.

He was never a licensed plumber in the first place, so I kinda get the transition to fake news.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

hawt

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ken bone is a fuckup of a man inevery way

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Bushiz posted:

So like Ken The Plumper.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how is it that all of these schmucks are all so bad at taking press photos?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

mysterious frankie posted:

So like Ken The Plumper.

Don't make fun of Joe The Plunger

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

W was many bad things but I never thought of him as having angry outbursts. Also Reagan was literally senile, he wasn't doing much thinking at all.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Axetrain posted:

W was many bad things but I never thought of him as having angry outbursts. Also Reagan was literally senile, he wasn't doing much thinking at all.

Well there was that time he invaded the wrong two countries as retaliation for a perceived slight more than a decade earlier.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

are there any good highlights from CPACs past?

yea when they had hologram tupac

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pretend I posted the picture of that horrible woman from the 2004 RNC with the Purple Heart bandaid.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Axetrain posted:

W used to party so hard that he had to get sober and sincerely did the AA thing and became a (lovely, bloodthirsty, war-criminal, inhuman, 9/11-doing) born-again Christian

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One of CPAC sessions is called

Banning Poor People from Jobs

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Boy, smash mouth really let himself go. must've been too many eggs.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One of CPAC sessions is called

Banning Poor People from Jobs

The best sessions are the ones where you don't know if the title is something they accuse dems of or an idea they'll be pitching

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Thoatse posted:

Don't make fun of Joe The Plunger

It's ok if I do it, I am Joel Plunder irl.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

how is it that all of these schmucks are all so bad at taking press photos?

If they weren't hideous unfuckable nerds they'd be getting laid and smoking weed instead of spending a week around more neck waddles than a turkey farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Boy, smash mouth really let himself go. must've been too many eggs.

hey now
I'm a paul blart
did I just shart
who knows???

edit:

I'll vote once more for truuuuuuump
turns out it wasn't fart it was duuuuump

• Locked thread