Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I didn't realize when I asked for this what I was getting into. These animations are something else!

Genocyber posted:

Duel Masters (Englush dub of season 1) is pretty great, at times.
Season 2 has some pretty great moments too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

It's kind of great how many people are surprised by the game's production values.

Or lack thereof.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Can I step in and say that I think that Duel Masters' mana mechanic is neat? I like that you can turn any card into mana, it makes sure you can always charge mana on your turn as long as you have at least 1 card in your hand so you never worry about not drawing enough lands in your starting hand. It also prompts interesting decisions, about what cards you sacrifice to use as mana instead of holding onto to cast/summon once you have enough.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man did they ever release Duel Masters standalone on DVD or something? I remember loving the hell out of the show when it was on i think Toonami back in the day.

Sadly no, from what I can tell with a quick bit of googling. There's some DVDs Hasbro released covering the early bits of season 1, but they tend to cut or edit episodes to make them fit ~80 minutes per DVD.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
He's got the most terrible, un-intimidating voice. Like, this is the voice you give your cool dark edgy blind guy?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh god, I had forgotten how terrible every human looks in this game. And I didn't expect Fire Monk's robe to be animated, somehow. How the hell is that possible? Also how big is that card if a single piece has that size? I'm pretty sure that'd be unplayable.

A few TCGs have novelty cards that are larger than normal. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jumbo_cards_(TCG)

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
When I pushed for a Duel Masters LP, I was not expecting this... quality... of game.

• Locked thread