Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmewTheFox
Oct 7, 2015

I AM THE STRENGTH
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Duel Masters (the actual TCG) shut down by WotC because it was too similar to Magic? Or am I thinking of something else?

Though, it is interesting to see that something had the "goal attacking" type of life before Vanguard/Battle Spirits did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmewTheFox
Oct 7, 2015

I AM THE STRENGTH
I know it's been said before, but does Rusty need to have his body spasm any time he needs to express an emotion more intense than indifference and/or smugness?

Also, I'm gettin' real sick of that guitar that sounds like the same guitar that's been in any early-2000s cartoon and/or anime dub. I'd hate to imagine the poor fool who grinds for cards and doesn't turn animations off. (if that's even a thing in this game) (at least Knight has the decency to have different music)

The idea of Shield regen and starting with extra shields sounds interesting, but I feel in practice all it serves to to drag out duels.

"Then why don't you use them to WIN once in a while!" was probably the closest Rusty has ever gotten to a good comeback, I'd wager.

Additional appended thought: man, this is really suffering from arc fatigue, isn't it?

• Locked thread