Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

prefect posted:

To be fair, it would be pretty awesome if Scotland and Ireland split, and Ireland reunified.

I have no idea what Wales might want, though. :shrug:

they gonna demand their vowels back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

happy independene day or whatever this is

look within your heart you know it to be T R U M P

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

:getout:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The sad, failing NYT just emailed me about a 50% discount for like the fourth time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

lol Theresa May is brain dumb

The best thing was when goddamn David Cameron resigned to leave this flaming bag of dog poo poo in someone else's lap after he called the local dogshit delivery service and ordered it, then lit it on fire himself.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

they gonna demand their vowels back

llyke thatllll elver hlappeln

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

boethius posted:

I won't be happy until the UK is back to the way it was divided around 30 AD.

Freedom for the Scots!

The Scots deserve to have self determination!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/847050807648378880

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

The sad, failing NYT just emailed me about a 50% discount for like the fourth time

Didn't you cancel your sub because they published an op-ed that you didn't like? :rolleye:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Nice.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

death to the UK :unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Today's going to be a nice kinda day

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy poo poo watch the video, that poo poo was basically a loving lynching

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pookah posted:

No thank you.

Does Northern Ireland not want to reunify? I guess I had just assumed they mostly did. :shobon:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BeOSPOS posted:

Didn't you cancel your sub because they published an op-ed that you didn't like? :rolleye:

Yeah lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

A Handed Missus posted:

Achievement Unlocked!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
Subscribing to the sad failing NYT is even better if you have a Spotify premium subscription, because it can roll up into the subscription and you're only paying $10/mo instead of $20

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Agrajag posted:

holy poo poo watch the video, that poo poo was basically a loving lynching

MAGA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

prefect posted:

Does Northern Ireland not want to reunify? I guess I had just assumed they mostly did. :shobon:

Maybe Actual Ireland doesn't want them

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I pay student rates for nyt cuz I have an alumni email address that ends in .edu

And can get a free Washington times sub the same way

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Handed Missus posted:

Oh man if Ireland starts fighting for re-unification and ukexit.

am i going to witness the resurgence of the militant ira also?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

Freedom for the Scots!

The Scots deserve to have self determination!

lol they did the smart good scottish people moved the gently caress outta scotland

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but seriously, who could have guessed that late stage capitalism would provoke the world into getting schwifty instead of actually trying to do anything about it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baloogan posted:

lol they did the smart good scottish people moved the gently caress outta scotland

Straight outta Scotland...

(I'm not creative, so I don't have any actual lyrics for it. :()

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

No it doesn't.

The largely unity-favouring catholics are a minority, will be for the long-foreseeable future, and any serious potential for NI and the RoI to rejoin will cause a huge uptick of intense unionism.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agrajag posted:

Oh man if Ireland starts fighting for re-unification and ukexit.

am i going to witness the resurgence of the militant ira also?

hoo dawg my life is peaking right the gently caress now

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol the U.K. is slowly dismantling :nice:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

murked by dragon posted:

i've recorded myself reciting every single DrPlump post and i play it back to myself on basically a 24/7 loop so maybe try that out

post the files or im putting you on my forums enemies list

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

but seriously, who could have guessed that late stage capitalism would provoke the world into getting schwifty instead of actually trying to do anything about it

humanity never poses for itself any problems that it lacks the means to get crunk enough to forget all about

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jBrereton posted:

No it doesn't.

The largely unity-favouring catholics are a minority, will be for the long-foreseeable future, and any serious potential for NI and the RoI to rejoin will cause a huge uptick of intense unionism.

I guess Actual Ireland does have super-moronic abortion laws. I can see not wanting to rejoin with them for that reason.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Weird, I woulda thought :nice: existed??

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/847067747339190272

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

BeOSPOS posted:

Lol the U.K. is slowly dismantling :nice:

FINALLY we're winning the war of 1812 :smugdon:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

jBrereton posted:

No it doesn't.

youre harshing my high dude.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol only 18bill downpayment?

whichever contractor gets chosen to build this thing is going to get stiffed

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

prefect posted:

I'm a southerner so I can't speak for them but broadly speaking, the North is still recovering from what are euphemistically called 'The Troubles'and the Nationalist/Loyalist communities are still very much divided (they still need a government commission to decide when and where they can have parades, for example). The repubs may want to join Ireland but the loyalists definitely don't want to and there are a good few experienced terrorists still around who'd be happy to start carbombing again. Plus the North is economically extremely dependent on the UK - it's a total money pit that the Irish state can't afford to take on at the moment.

tl/dr poo poo's complicated and dewy-eyed notions of a happy united Emerald Isle are a far-off pipe dream imo.

prefect posted:

I guess Actual Ireland does have super-moronic abortion laws. I can see not wanting to rejoin with them for that reason.

Hilariously enough, Northern Ireland's are nearly as bad as ours are!

Pookah fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 29, 2017

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

holy poo poo would i love to read the sworn statements coming from a group of a dozen individuals.

"he had a gun"

"he had a knife"

"he had a gun and knife and said something about allah"

"he said allah. and i think he was reaching for a car bomb in his left pocket. Or was it his right pocket? I don't know. but he definitely had a car bomb on his person."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A Handed Missus posted:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Abortion is illegal in Northern Ireland, fuckin learn a single thing about something you want to give an opinion on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

i was high as gently caress last night so idk if I shared this message a Trump supporter old woman messaged me on FB

LOL as if we'd allow some contagious religion to flourish here in Christianity's birthplace: America.

I like to respond to people like that by quoting the New Colossus.

• Locked thread