Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

tbh i would rather have president pence than president paul ryan

pence would try and outlaw being gay

Ryan would outlaw leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sadly this may be a stupid but legal order instead of a stupid and illegal order.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Strange way of writing "updated policy to reflect reality"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

just leave it in the oven for like 10 minutes at 400

it just requires a little planning.

planning is illegal in trump's America

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I see he's dropped all pretense of caring about people going uninsured.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

sure is cool that jones is choosing the infowar over his kids

He has to let everyone know the dangers of chili amnesia

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Omg is he saluting

Don't those marines have to keep saluting until he returns it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Saluting them is a thing Presidents rarely did before W Bush and something they should stop doing.

Reagan started it

According to an article on the internet...

quote:

Reagan explained his decision a few years later in remarks to U.S. service members and their families stationed in Iceland:

“I can’t resist telling you a little story that I’ve just told the marine guard at the Embassy. The story has to do with saluting. I was a second lieutenant of horse cavalry back in the World War II days. As I told the admiral, I wound up flying a desk for the Army Air Force. And so, I know all the rules about not saluting in civilian clothes and so forth, and when you should or shouldn’t. But then when I got this job and I would be approaching Air Force One or Marine One and those Marines would come to a salute and I — knowing that I am in civilian clothes — I would nod and say hello and think they could drop their hand, and they wouldn’t. They just stood there. So, one night over at the Marine Commandant’s quarters in Washington, and I was getting a couple of highballs, and I didn’t know what to do with them. So, I said to the Commandant, I said, ‘Look, I know all the rules about saluting in civilian clothes and all, but if I am the Commander in Chief, there ought to be a regulation that would permit me to return a salute.’ And I heard some words of wisdom. He said, ‘I think if you did, no one would say anything.’

“So, if you see me on television and I’m saluting, you know that I’ve got authority for it now — and I do it happily.”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Didn't Carter, HW or Clinton that said the salutes and "hail to the chief" were the most obnoxious parts of being president?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

he doesnt have to salute

obama got in so much poo poo when he saluted with a coffee cup in his hand, when he wasnt supposed to salute at all

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 30, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean yeah, it was a giant game of kick the can. and despite being a giant slave owning piece of poo poo. jackson probaly would have gone to war with the south if it seceded. i mean south carolina almost did, and he threatened battleships and invasion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis

this would've been better because jackson would've burned south carolina and georgia to the ground

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

he did say he wanted to break them up

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

how is this legal?

Louisiana is... special

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

im sure the DOJ will be all over that louisiana DA

yeah they've got a lot of federal prosecutors to appoint

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

he didn't specify a year

just need trump to pull a plain, then jeb! is appointed vp followed by pence having an unfortunate accident involving a pretzel

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

she managed to ruin an article that was supposed to say "the FCC has to investigate every complaint it gets. relax and save your outrage when something actually happens"

we're already seen what the healthcare market that allows pricing out people with preexisting conditions looks like and it ain't pretty

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

the last dc lobbyist i vaguely knew about was able to comfortably retire in his late 20's early 30's?

it was mittani

he's a CIA asset though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

This a joke around what he said about Comey, just so you know. Not real.

it's technically true in both cases

• Locked thread