Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

i will never use a mac desktop

is that yr druid geas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

well thats life sometikes, haha

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

aint it always just the way

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Corny posted:

Not to be all :goonsay: but honestly, I do not understand why CS people/software devs use any kind of Mac what-so-ever. Anything you can do with MacOS in terms of development, you can do in any Linux distro easier and for free.

plus gently caress brew tbh

gently caress brew is on my whitwboarg of shortlist names for the nifhtclub im opening

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

as is plus gently caress brew

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

marmot25 posted:

carpe oleum

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

macs are good up to a certain point and then loving laffo if you're dumping money into a 15in oled function bar nonsense machine

iphones are okay. i don't think i'll ever use em but in my line of work i'll probably get one in a few cycles, esp when all android phones purge the headphone jack

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just a n unbroken glass lozenge that yu cam slowly insert into yr rear end and operatw w the spasms of yr muscular colon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I can see a goal as dumb as this being something they'd aspire to tbh

Of course it's 100% possible as is so I'm not sure why they haven't pulled the trigger already

its doable but not w/o unacceptable compromises

all existing wireless charghing sokutuons seem lacking to me, an idiot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

a strip club but your blinfolded and free to grab w/e the performers allow

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

i'm looking forward to wireless charging pads with rubber band straps so you can charge your phone and not have to bend over a table where it's charging the whole time

bet you a nickel the first apple no plug in charger isnt a big pad yr phone flops arpund on but some sorta cradle or other relatively immobilr thing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i love that i could hit someone's anyone's questionmark and get a meltdown

excuse me i was a saint in that thrwad, chrck out thid post:

*disappears for a yeat andgrows a huge drspair beard*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

man that was a great beard

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in

beard w a gpblim!!!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I don't ever see wireless charging becoming a big thing, especially with however Apple will implement it bc they will also remove the charging port

"Do you like to use your phone while it is charging?" is a pretty big dealbreaker, and if you're snapping something onto the phone to connect it to a wall then it's not actually loving wireless is it

if its somethinf wrird like clamped to or magnet onto yr phones exterior then you can still charge ane use

im tellin you they want glass butt lozenge

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i always wonder wtf is happening in the sewers when i see floods

oh baloogan tis is one of the five you-est posts eber :glomp:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I see wireless charging becoming way less of a priority if any of the dozen new battery technologies actually takes off, especially if it's super capacitors with decent energy density that can be charged in 30s

tbh i think that would jusr accelrate porject butt lozenge because they dont have to worry a charginf splution you can use in bed while atill phone-usin they just need you to put down yr phone for 30s

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Solid state lithium batteries aren't even flammable

im no sviebtust but any reservoir of energy volatile enough to use as an rlectrical piwer dource seems like ot should be able to bexome a bomb w/o prohibitive effirt

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Also I refuse to participate in the Internet of Things

why do refrigeratora need to crunch any numbers??????????? on internet???????????????????

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

refrigerator that has computer in it to manage temp and cmpressors and w/efor lower power draw w/o afdectijg any other function—good

refrigerator that tells korea and :nsacloud:when i eat eggs—no

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shiksa posted:

heh try too cook rice on a wood stove u ingrates

okay, boil 2x water to rice, put the rice in and take it off the fire, cover the pot and wait

just buy a rice cookerf

tomato in a rice cooker is the best snack

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

KiteAuraan posted:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/833817667333140480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So this is hosed. i can't find any info on this that isn't from a shady norweigan registered site, or someone funded by Ivan, Yuri and Drago, or literal Sputnik. nothing on borkbork social media, nothing on the IKEA news, nothing from stockholm pd. gently caress all but russian outlets.

lmebo this is amazing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

trump has made america a farce of magnificent consequence

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the eyebrows :whitewater:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

what about the "electrical cartridges" that the guy's dad invented in the beloved judy blume coming-of-age classic "then again, maybe i won't"?

you should reply w that exact poat to arbitrarily choaen posts in dnd until they ban you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

holy cats ive meade over 60 postd today and its not even 2 am, in this bad thread

maybe........im bad????

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

one of the other kids in the book raises that exact question and is rebuffed

i just want youbto know that if your feelin out judy blume guy ad a new poston gimmick im behind you 100%

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Corny posted:

this dude is loving ugly

looks like hes tryin to do pretty but every follocle of hair on his entirw head wanta to do something like longshofemab or mountaineer

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

You can feel free to change your idiotic gimmick at any time, my good man.

ty so noted

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

goblins

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

watched it while ib bed w a goblin bed w a gpbluv bes w a gpiblin he warched it whilr i bed w a goblib goblin gpibloj goblin nest goblin nest dirty trumpbgoblin nest

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

bro

hey bro

this is a forum. you have all the time in the world to compose your post. you don't need to make pretend typos.

you have a spectacular av and ive beenmeaning to tell you for a while

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

in just six hours trump is scheduled to visit the smithsonian's new african american history and culture museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Ed Balls and Very Sexoplenski in....

GoldStreamer

• Locked thread