Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

BarronsArtGallery posted:

What happened to old thread? Did someone get the secret service involved?

forums software too lovely to handle threads of that size without crashing some phone browsers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hello new thread and hello page 14, or half of the hitler number

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

My phone only ever crashed when someone posted some 2k x 2k monster of a gif

listen some people just wanna read the forums on their galaxy S running on android froyo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I've got an Escape 2 and it may actually be worse than that phone

:chloe: get on swappa and buy yourself a second-hand older flagship for cheap

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

i ordered a new phone but it is backordered for a month so im just hoping my current phone doesnt die until then

nice pixel

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I get a new one in like 2 weeks :effort:

Turns out the worst time for a phone to just stop working is the day after you spent every dime you have to move to a new city for a new job

This thing was like 9 cents I think, and it's okay I guess but has basically no memory

my goondolences

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

here i'm stuck with my second hand N6P that dies at 20%

it's still a good phone

i'll probably get the pixel 2 :smug:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

the sp4 is cool and good

i had a sp4 for about a month until i returned it because it was buggy

i should've rma'd it but whatever. windows 10 is godly for a desktop but with laptops i have to say that i find macos more useful

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
which reminds me i need to buy upgrades for my desktop within this week

my holding off for a month or so paid off cuz i "upgraded" to kaby lake for like 10 bucks more

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Corny posted:

oooh thats some good poo poo

i actually need to buy a bigger SSD, i have a 120gig SSD and i dual boot ubuntu/windows7 and my windows 7 has eaten through nearly all of its hard drive space. i have a 1tb HDD i use for storage/installation and poo poo, but i would like to put some things on the c drive everyonce in a while

my ubuntu installation still has like 50gigs free lmao

yeah part of my upgrade is at the very least replacing my 2tb internal that recently died. fuckin fml i was in the process of backing it up to ~the cloud~ too but it wasn't complete

i want a bigger SSD (256gb from like, 2012) but that's a down-the-road purchase. i'm planning on revamping the whole thing for an mITX case in a few months if trump hasn't killed trade yet

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

dont buy wndows devices unlesd you have to

never buy a winphone or tablet

if you can afford a mac buy it
if not steal one

i will never use a mac desktop

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if a mouse is involved windows 1000000000% of the time

if a trackpad is involved, go for mac

and don't be that dude with the trackpad for your desktop, you have space for a mouse, it's superior, use it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Admiral Ray posted:

what if u use a trackball, logik

then you're awesome and shouldnt change

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
macs are good up to a certain point and then loving laffo if you're dumping money into a 15in oled function bar nonsense machine

iphones are okay. i don't think i'll ever use em but in my line of work i'll probably get one in a few cycles, esp when all android phones purge the headphone jack

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you own the 13in macbook pro with touch bar you deserve ridicule

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

Is this something they're going to do? Killing the headphone jack on the recent iPhone was like, universally mocked

it's going down that route for a few ME TOO ME TOO manufacturers mainly the lovely ones like lenovo-owned motorola and poor HTC

i don't think it'll happen for awhile but it will eventually happen, it makes engineering easier and once usb-c headphones become more commonplace i can see it not being a big deal anymore

LG will probably keep it for awhile along with google's pixels. samsung will probably drop it in 2-4 years. i'm personally already making the move to bluetooth so after awhile personally it wouldn't matter to me

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I dunno if saving money and getting the shittier Mac that literally has only a single port on the whole machine is necessarily smarter

13 in macbook pro without touch bar

cheaper
better battery life

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

i'm looking forward to wireless charging pads with rubber band straps so you can charge your phone and not have to bend over a table where it's charging the whole time

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Montasque posted:

You guys got rid of the other thread because of the election night stuff didnt you.

It made most of us look bad, but I like reading back how loving sure I was that Trump would lose Florida because Boward county or whatever was coming in hot!

actually now you can read the election meltdowns in beautiful goldmine font

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nobody buys LG phones so they're gonna stick the headphone jack for as long as they think it differentiates them

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Admiral Ray posted:

i don't think i melted down in that thread

i try to keep those to myself

this and also on predictit

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

i will update my 2011 mba in 2021.

i kept my xps m1330 for like 6-8 years and i don't regret it one bit

it still works with all the original components. good job dell

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

bet you a nickel the first apple no plug in charger isnt a big pad yr phone flops arpund on but some sorta cradle or other relatively immobilr thing

buy a charger on apple.com

cable sold separately

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they're already doing this for their usb-c chargers

the charger itself costs $69 nicedollars. it doesn't come with a cable, and your $1000 laptop also doesn't come with an extension cable like they used to

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baloogan posted:

my xps m1330 loving overheated like a bitch all the loving time

im now rolling on an overpriced alienware and lovin it :3:

i had to use one of those cooling stands/pads for that

whatever i wasn't exactly playing games on it anyway

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
somalia's new president/PM/whatever works/worked as a compliance officer in buffalo, ny

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I don't ever see wireless charging becoming a big thing, especially with however Apple will implement it bc they will also remove the charging port

"Do you like to use your phone while it is charging?" is a pretty big dealbreaker, and if you're snapping something onto the phone to connect it to a wall then it's not actually loving wireless is it

proprietary wireless charging protocol for the big bucks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

"It's exaclty the same as what you're used to, but way bigger and heavier, and extra/replacement chargers cost $60 instead of $2"

People will still buy it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Thread didn't hit 69 on its first day, low energy! :smugdon:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

change my name posted:

like superman, but lovely

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
P sure dems will win the NJ gov seat, chris christie left a stench that carries over to all state Republicans

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gary!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
edward balls

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ed balls ed balls ed balls eD BALLS ED BALLS ED BALLS ED BALLS ED BALLS ED BALLS

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Phone posted:

I went to go look for some liberal tears about Ken Bone, but I didn't realize that his Twitter feed was going to be some real poo poo straight from the tap:

https://twitter.com/kenbone18/status/833811881466929152

lmao

hnnng yeah that's some pure goddamn american stream of thought

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

the pisstape

where is it

it was inside us all along

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

remember when :abuela: didn't concede lmao

it was a sad trait of all the Dem candidates

Jim Webb announced he was ending his campaign next to his Vietnamese wife :prepop: at the national press club or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
goons ruin everything

• Locked thread