Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Ground floor

Also Milo has only yet begun to be destroyed (he posted selfies to prove this 4chan account is him in other posts)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Ok who dis

show yourself

https://twitter.com/kantbot2000/status/833895138409734150

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

quote:

This time Milo had gone too far.

[It] was more than even the most phlegmatic observer could stomach, and it looked like the end for him. High-ranking government officials poured in to investigate. Newspapers inveighed against Milo with glaring headlines, and Congressmen denounced the atrocity in stentorian wrath and clamored for punishment. Mothers organized into militant groups and demanded revenge.

Not one voice was raised in his defense.

Decent people everywhere were affronted, and Milo was all washed up until he opened his books to the public and disclosed the tremendous profit he had made.

quote:

'Now you're lying.'
'I never lie!' Milo rejoindered with proud dignity.
'You're lying now.'
'I only lie when it's necessary,' Milo explained defensively, averting his eyes for a moment and blinking his lashes winningly. '

Heil Heller!

quote:

'Why is Hitler?'
'When is right?'
'Where was that stooped and mealy-colored old man I used to call Poppa when the merry-go-round
broke down?'
'How was trump at Munich?'
'Ho-ho beriberi.'
and
'Balls!'
all rang out in rapid succession, and then there was Yossarian with the question that had no answer:
'Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?'

We are all Yossarian now

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Yinlock posted:

again, shut up milo nobody cares

Can i not post unedited passages from an American classic now

I thought this was America

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Regular Nintendo posted:

When spicer is fired will we get a headline "the spice must go"

'The Spice' Mussed Flow, Sources Say

To be replaced by Ed'Dib of House Balls

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Scent of Worf posted:

Mark zuckerberg 2020 imo

Good setup for Winklevoss/Winklevoss 2024

Zuck stole our country!!!"

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Gringostar posted:

don't get cucked by the zuck

187 on a motherfuckin cuck

E: gently caress

Ed balla balla

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

I dont win anymore

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

CPAC is gonna be so good this year

CPAC? more like CPAP bc it's such a dang snoozefest!!!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Requesting namechange to Milo [E/N]opoulos

tia~

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Squizzle posted:

yoyr overdue for a namechabgw and shoulf juat pay for one imo

or find a namechanf etgrasd somewherw on the forums

Thats how i got this one, i was roomba

Baloogan posted:

ive pmed an admin about it!

I regret this already

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Squizzle posted:

still think we ahpuld have a cspam nameswap jamboree thrasf

everyobe who posts in the thrwad each week (or w/e time period mods think worjds best) gets their name changed to simething generic, like cspam-user-1, cspan-ussr-2, etc, until the end of that wrrk, and a mod vulnteer puta their former userbame onto a sprasdsheet

end of the eeek the mod rolls a random name from the list for cspam-user-1 and thats their new userbame longterm, then rolls another name from the list for cspam-user-2, etc

so evwryobe who plays ends up w the uswrbame of a different cspam user and no one lnows wtf is happenibg anymore

This idea is so bad that if it were a person we would elect it president

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Baloogan posted:

Oh god oh god someone with an opposing viewpoint oh god how dare he.

Is this u

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Gotta get dis

E: really bad weed should be called "jeb weed" imo

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 25, 2017

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I have a vial of my own blood and quill pen. What should I write to Marco Rubio? He is my senator.

You're gonna need more than a vial

Baloogan where's my namechange????

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Nichael posted:

I don't actually think Donny can get erections anymore

I brought that up to my mom the other day,

:stare:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Are any of you fuckers watching "SS-GB"

It makes "Man In The High Castle" look like total poo poo, which it already looked like, because it is total poo poo

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jose posted:

Man in the high castle.was a massive let down just murder Joe and the other s in that love triangle

this is a 5 part BBC One miniseries, two parts are out so far.

It's about a Scotland Yard detective after the SS has absorbed those in the agency who were deemed mentally fit (and presumably also physically gentile). So far, it's amazing. It doesn't feel hokey or distracted like High Castle, and it's based on a novel so I'm assuming it will draw to an actual satisfying conclusion.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Wikkheiser posted:

i think pence is kinda reagan-like. a bit of a dunce but he's really good at clenching his lips in that reagan-like way, and mix in a bit of folksy charm with the whole package. vision and courage.

*clenches lips firmly*

Pence is the puppet's pliability of Reagan with the appeal and story arc of H.W.

He'll have one term right after the Prez he's vice for ruins America with his Alzheimer's, and then he'll be defeated by some podunk neoliberal who actually works for the CIA deep state

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Has anyone picked up John Romero's American Carnage yet? The reviews are pretty grim

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

This pivot is unsurprising, but it was supposed to happen after the border was secured and the wall was underway.

Even in the hardline September Immigration speech, Trump only let "they have to go back" be his policy for like 20 minutes before he started moving the goalposts. Later in that same speech, he said "we will be in a position to consider the appropriate disposition of those who remain", whatever the gently caress that means.

This is the one thing he said to the contrary: "For those here today illegally who are seeking legal status, they will have one route and only one route: to return home and apply for re-entry under the rules of the new legal immigration system."

Considering how weasely this administration is, it would be hilarious if Miller or Bannon read Dilbertbro's plan and actually decided to lift his idea:

Dilbro in November 2015 posted:

For starters, let’s say President Trump proposes a law to create temporary (for one year) Mexican embassies out of every United States Post Office. Nothing will change physically, and the business of the Post Office would continue as usual. The only difference is that an illegal immigrant can fill out a form in any Post Office to become temporarily legal while a path to citizenship gets worked out. In the meantime, we make sure everyone is at least paying taxes on earnings.

Under this model, an undocumented immigrant walks into a Post Office – which we count as deportation – and fills out a form to become a temporary legal resident. When the pre-American walks out of the Post Office, he or she is in the system and considered legal until a permanent status is determined.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious what he is genuinly trying to accomplish. the left won't trust him now and neither will the liberals.

When were the left or liberals willing to trust him last, though?

...2011?

Liberals are never going to like anything he does, even if he somehow does something they'd usually cheer for.

The immigration tack he's taken ever since Bannon took over is a reframing technique - his base thinks that all illegals are criminals by definition, and he agreed with them, but he also amped up the actual violent criminals as a much more sinister problem.

Cut to present day: Trump's administration has deported less people than Obama's did in a typical month, and yet I bet his base is much more amenable to a "wall + limited amnesty" package if it's Trump's idea. After all, the law will only come into effect after we get the criminal aliens sorted out -- the "bad hombres, of which we have already deported so many!"

Funny enough, a barrier/amnesty combo is exactly what the Gang of 8 bill was in the first place -- a plan that Trump hung like an anchor around Rubio and Cruz's necks because it was so "weak" and "sad".

Trump adjusted the idea to also allow for a giant gently caress-off wall with his name on it. In exchange, he sold the base on Ryan&co's preferred solution to the immigration issue.

*classic* art of da dill~

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 1, 2017

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

docbeard posted:

Wasn't she just taking a picture of them?

It's like the first time I've ever been able to say "what's the big deal" about something the Trump Administration has done.

I get the anger, I think. KAC sitting gleefully like that on a couch in the hallowed Oval makes her look like a dangerously oblivious child. It perfectly encapsulates the feeling that the Trump inner circle seems more like they're *playing* government officials instead of actually doing government work. It's like the opposite of schadenfreude.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I owe your charity $10 because Spicey didn't get the boot. Remind me what it was.

https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org

Because no one should have to live that close to Orange Hitler on an empty stomach!

Good on ya for remembering. I usually lose these things, like when I very smugly bet that the VP nominee would be anyone, ANYONE but Mike Pence

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

whoops, linked wrong

I am glad that after you typed that, you CLICKED

Ed Balls

*CRAIC*

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Of course McConnell is protecting the deep state and ensuring another year of well-funded treason

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/836744058743767041

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

seriously that was the most disgusting thing he has done. gently caress everyone

He's done many things that were more disgusting

You're just mad because it was the most effective disgusting thing he has done

gently caress globalism

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

can I use VOICE to tell on Russians and Milo?

Paul and Susan Gionet are @BakedAlaska's parents, and they ran "Russian Encouragement Ministries" which gave out like $500,000 over several years - it is some sort of Anchorage, AK nonprofit

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/320015183

Milo visited BakedAlaska pretty often in the GamerGate times

If Chekov's smoking gun is in the evidence somewhere, please fire it, tia

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

look at all the white people

Beshear is wayyyyy too polished. They should've put someone that rebutted with facts, but was ANGRY and occasionally off script.

This is like, the worst response they could have given. I'm from Kentucky, and I like Beshear well enough, but who is this meant to appeal to?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Yes, it's Steve Beshear, and he was chosen specifically because of KYnect's success.

KYnect was always spotty with vision coverage, so I can't fault them for totally neglecting optics

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Agrajag posted:

loving bilateral trade agreements lol

[Trump] sees it as a waste of time to sit for hours in diplomatic circles holding elevated conversations and discussions. We National [Conservatives] have no time for that. Each is responsible for his tasks, which he must carry out with determination, industry, commitment, courage, and devotion.

The same is true of relations between peoples and states. There is no point in bringing 30, 40, or more peoples of the most varied opinions and interests together to solve some problem or another. No problem interests everyone. Each problem interests only two people, at most three or four, and only one person can solve a problem.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

just wait until Trump starts arresting Congressional opponents

I've been waiting. Start with McCain.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

CAGINESS

how's my favorite thread

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

PIVOT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

How many campaign promises has he flipped on this week alone, 6?

TRUMP: just say I did it
LENS: but you didn't do-
TRUMP: Doesn't matter. Say it.
LENS: thanks to president Trump, NATO allies are starting to pay their fair share.
TRUMP: I fuckin' love NATO, now tell them how NATO fights terrorism (more) now, Lens! No longer obsolete, let's go to war, boys!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

When the lens flares align

The Bellends shall roam the Earth

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

prefect posted:

I like to think the second name is pronounced "boh-re-gard", and not "byure-uh-gard", which is how normal people say it.

You like to think...correctly?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Dork457 posted:

I heard Trump's doing some stupid poo poo today.

Dont piss on PIVOT DAYYYYY

unless it's at tonight's private PIVOT DAYYYYYY CELEBRATION

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Goffer posted:

He was an adult when he got cursed - The movie made it clearer that they all stopped ageing when they were cursed but even in the original if you think about it chip was just a boy and his teapot mum wasn't really in a condition to gently caress and make babbie teacups.

His dad became a saucy saucer who wanted to stay an immortal piece of dinnerware forever

Which is why he's long gone by the time Belle gets there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

So what do you guys think

Trump at the end of this neocon conversion becomes a dumber, crazier Reagan, or a dumber, crazier Dubbya

Yes.

And then becomes a dumber, crazier 2016 Trump in a "totally unpredictable about-face" in time for 2020

• Locked thread