Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

what in the poopy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

haha http://www.npr.org/2017/02/19/516064707/new-york-republican-rep-tom-reed-faces-angry-crowds-deep-in-trump-country

quote:

The response was loud and sustained boos.

The congressman is just the latest Republican to face boisterous constituents voicing concerns with the nascent Trump White House, and more confrontations are expected as members head home for recess this coming week.

quote:

Republicans' biggest Achilles heel is front and center as they meet with constituents: their lack of a consensus plan to replace former President Obama's signature health care law, despite making it the cornerstone of their campaign platform for several years.

On Saturday, Reed was repeatedly pressed about how Republicans would propose replacing the ACA. While he said he supported keeping some of the popular provisions in the current law — such as guaranteeing coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and allowing children up to age 26 to stay on their parents' plan — on other issues he didn't have concrete answers, frustrating many in the crowd.

"We're not comfortable with this until you tell us what you're going to do, point by point, to replace our health care," yelled one woman at Reed's second town hall in Cherry Creek.

quote:

"They had six years to reach across the aisle and fix what was wrong. They didn't do that," Jones said. "They need to come up with a plan, and they need to come up with a plan fast, and it needs to be good."

quote:

In addition to health care, many in Reed's crowd repeatedly pressed him over the new president, whom Reed supported early on.

Many people wanted to know why he had voted against a bill in the Ways and Means Committee that would have required Trump to release his income taxes. Reed tried to explain that he had concerns with that bill because of privacy rights, arguing that such an action was "a tremendous amount of power, for the government to come after one individual."

The crowd, not agreeing, drowned him out with chants of "What are you covering up?" and "He's not a private citizen!" At other times, attendees shouted, "Russia! Russia!" — demanding Reed address the president's alleged ties to the country and intelligence findings that Russia had tried to meddle in the U.S. elections to help Trump.

At his Cherry Creek town hall, Reed had a tense exchange with one woman after he said he didn't support further investigation into the Russia issues. Reed said he hadn't seen enough evidence to warrant a probe, but the woman argued other Republicans had called for such action and that it should be a bipartisan issue of national security.

At one point, a friendly face seemed to emerge when a pre-teen girl made her way to the front of the Ashville town hall to ask a question. It wasn't to be: The young girl named Madison asked the congressman why he wanted to do away with the Environmental Protection Agency — and received massive applause for her question.

quote:

Despite repeated outbursts throughout the morning and angry chants against him, Reed was not fazed. He kept a smile on his face and almost seemed to relish the exchanges, no matter how hostile they became. Earlier in the week, he even met with some constituents who had engaged in a sit-in at his Ithaca office.

"What I have heard is passion, what I have heard is democracy, and what I have heard is, hopefully, a willingness by many, of each and every one of you to find solutions," he told the crowd in Ashville at the end of the event.

That conciliatory tone, however, was met with chants of "vote Reed out" by the unsatisfied crowd.

https://twitter.com/JessicaTaylor/status/833018462310117376

if what comes of this is the gop burning itself down i will be very happy

i dunno if it'll have been worth it, but at least there's the schadenfreude

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Water is my number one drink to drink every day. I used to drink like a case of cans of coke everyday or some ungodly amount of soda and then I quit caffeine just cause. Now I drink sprite here and there but too much soda makes me sick. No idea how it was my main source of hydration when I was in my early twenties.

i've taken to drinking a 2 liter of diet soda per day and i'm really thinking i've got to kick it

more dehydrated than usual and its especially bad in New England winter

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

triple sulk posted:

cant believe its spicy time!!

was expecting it to get delayed

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ow

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hail sa

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bono is an idiot

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

quadrophrenic posted:

holy poo poo did trump really not know about slavery?

wait wait wait what

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-secretary-kelly-says-not-doing-mass-deportations-223944280.html

gently caress off kelly

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

pls let this matter

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CortezFantastic posted:

same

I made dinner and came back to the CNN report. At least Nixon had the foresight to ask the CIA to tell the FBI to cool it for him

what cnn report?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Scent of Worf posted:

Anyone remember that NIN song that goes *mufffled*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*breathes in*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hahaha what a loving idiot

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tonetta posted:

A few TMT posters who are often wrong about Everything said trump wouldn't touch us transies

the TMT is mega loving stupid and im kinda glad i only posted in it to get advice/whine about surgery

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Philip Rivers posted:

I think it was Stroop who said it but someone said that the problem is that the TMT clique rotates too often so it becomes an echo chamber for people just starting their transitions (which isn't bad and is in fact necessary) and it wears out the folks who have been around longer and they end up getting alienated from it.

yeah pretty much, it's training wheels and i'm almost a decade deep into this whole thing so i dont need that poo poo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tonetta posted:

Jeeeeeezzzz

Truth
Is
Read the first letter of each of these words

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

of course

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tonetta posted:

"Will he really want to grab my pussy if its really a bussy"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tonetta posted:

I had that happen in a pool too and those are accidents and I can ignore it but the time I was talking about I was at work and it was by my boss who was hiding around a corner.

:gonk:

i am so sorry

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

C-Euro posted:

I'm like 20 pages back but I can't let go of this. If this dude's statement of purpose is "deconstruct the government" then why the gently caress was he given a job in government? I get that Republicans are, on paper, the party of small government, and I get that there are SovCit types out there who want to live in the woods and not pay taxes and not be told to do anything. But this is like me going into a job interview, saying "I'm just gonna goof off all day, except for the times where I'm deliberately racking up business expenses and divulging trade secrets to anyone who will listen" and getting hired anyway.

Am I missing something besides "lol nothing matters"?

it's intentional sabotage on the part of Trump and the GOP

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon I Hate Bannon Also gently caress Kelly Sessions And Miller

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

holy poo poo this country is going to hell. someone please tell me things will be okay.

prefect posted:

Reach out and punch face.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.facebook.com/coslive/videos/10154840282581648/

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Epic High Five posted:

i like plum wine a lot

easy to chug a whole bottle at a time like My Summer Car style then you remember you grabbed a bottle of vodka and poo poo starts getting interesting

umeshu is the best, i love it

it's kinda like long island iced tea in that because of the sugar you can drink a shitload of it without realizing and get absolutely shitfaced

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Venom Snake posted:

Ultimately what matters most is that the burning army has taken over local parties every were. You can vote in buttgeiger or timmithy pezdispenser but that doesn't change the fact the base is radicalizing

good. let it radicalize. let us be the tea party of the left, and begin the glorious revolution.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Peanut Butler posted:

do ppl here think the dems are imploding because of the whole corporate money thing? Or just the whole here we go again with the dick tripping thing? I get the second one because lol yeah I've been around- but if its the corporate donor resolution please tell me how cutting a revenue stream and letting the GOP take an even wider funding advantage isn't just tying arms behind backs for the sake of the high road?

for christmas sake it's no wonder those poor fucks implode when half the people who might vote for them have already decided to lose

dick tripping honestly, i dont know nearly enough about the role of corporate money to have any kind of decent opinion on it

but what i do know is that establishment Democrats are huge cucks

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Democrats are cowards who deserve to lose.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

what is happening here

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

logikv9 posted:

listen subtle references as emote names are a SA tradition

this poo poo pisses me off the most, at least give them aliases

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

just lost a leper in darkest dungeon, beginning to think video games and reality are starting to merge

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

magiccarpet posted:

i believe trump is calling ice actions as 'military operations' now

fascism here we goooooooooooooo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving face them head on then you rear end in a top hat

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Goons are bad at reading dates on Rubio tweets.

:lol: he's such a hypocritical little bitch

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

what's the difference between a union and a confederacy anyway

besides the slavery

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nichael posted:

What came of this?

probably nothing

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wait did something happen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So a greater chance of possibly embarrassing stuff due to a longer timeframe. Either way, Trump has been playing with the Russians for probably over twenty years. That's a big red flag to just how compromised he is. No wonder he couldn't put out his tax returns: ten years is the given, but he's probably unable to find a tax return held by the IRS that doesn't have Russian involvement.

He's really hosed. No wonder he's screaming at the FBI to stop investigating. He's completely tied to them.

gently caress my life we have a Russian plant in the whitehouse.

What even happens if he's indicted on this and resigns or is impeached? How would the trumpists react to "we proved he's a Russian stooge so now he's gone"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fire Comey

An FBI head shouldnt be political

• Locked thread