Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a helpful bear posted:

darned kids

oh that was the joke

ffuc

Meddling Diddling Kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So has Milo Yiannopouloffed himself yet

E: speaking of mattering, the TIME cover this month is :kiss:

Both the trump piss storm and the one before it.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 21, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

🤔

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is this the same reading of the bible that says god sent Hitler to spur Jewish nationalism (as though the movement hadn't been growing for generations beforehand in Palestine) because if so we're in for a hell of a ride.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol they're literally hitler from that bit where he's all calmly explaining how he wants to genocide while the angry guy tells about how he's evil.

"You are being intolerant of my intolerance, what gives?"

Ideally, the bridge of his nose. See a Nazi, hit the Nazi.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Could you imagine being on the same street as ol' George Hitler ca. 1980 or so?

Hello, can I speak to ah, Mr. George, uh, Hi- the man of the house please?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Schnorkles posted:

if i wanted to make devos a sympathetic figure to the left i'd leak that exact story

course the problem with this is i have no idea what that accomplishes so whatever the 19th dimensional chess move is here i'm not seeing it

maybe it's also just the case that people who've never done policy tend to be blank slates and often times change in weird ways despite seemingly held ideologies when they get in an administrative position.

Well she can't exactly go around wearing a pink hat so she takes her selfie signing off on this EO with a pout, tagging it "they said sign it or resign"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bethamphetamine posted:

So much for the tolerant lift...

More like Japwned.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Admiral Ray posted:

:trumppop: white people

Cliff notes for the majority of recorded history.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

prefect posted:

She was kind of a hero of mine back when she won the Olympics. :blush:

Turns out a lot of athletes end up being lovely people off the field.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TRUMP: Slavery "not good," child slavery "really bad"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

Also in a skirmish in the Canal Zone, Taft was shot thirty times in his gut but lumbered forward seemingly unaffected

Probably didn't even make it to the abdominal muscles.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's a Mexican Joe Biden holy poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Upside Potential posted:

The only way to stop Trump is to put Trump in all of our schools, churches, homes and workplaces. If bad guys have Trump then the only effective defence is for good guys to have Trump.

This makes sense because Trump's the only thing since 2008 to actually get people off their asses in any appreciable number.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wait it's a discrete game and not a mod for RA?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

The Dune games were separate from C&C but had very similar mechanics.

Yeah that's what threw me for a loop. It was so similar it might as well have been a reskin with a few extra unit models thrown in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

[Kellyanne] Conway is looking pretty fly.

that's Ivanka buddy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Excuse me ma'am we have to check the inside of your purse for guns (aka soda and snacks)

Willy Wonka more like WILHELM HITLER

E: I know he's a bane to the family dentist practice but it ain't the Hitler household without the bad one of the bunch you know

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

Even if you avoid using every Google service ever, they'll still be able to figure you out from first principles using publicly available information.

[Dehumanize yourself] and face to bloodshed.

The same is true of nearly every tech company with a large amount of long-term user data. Like when a large payment processor acquires a social payments startup and their investigations teams start cross-referencing contact and payment info to bust carders and meth dealers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hodgepodge posted:

On the one hand, Zuckerberg is less immediately dangerous than Trump. On the other hand, I think I would actually hate President Zuckerberg more. Zuckerberg is a functioning adult whereas Trump I feel is on the verge of being unable to be held accountable for his actions due to mental illness.

He's not mentally ill in the sense that the hero Hinckley was diagnosed as mentally ill for almost saving the world. He's mentally ill in the Charlie Manson or Ted Bundy sense. Yes mentally ill but fully aware of what he's doing, why he's doing it, and fully bereft of any remorse for the harm he causes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

this is all future prognostication however because my next book must necessarily be Hyperion by Dan Simmons, because it is our book club book

I started reading it and stopped right quick because for some reason it stank of the same poo poo Anathem did. I have no idea why but I kept trying to get back into reading it and every time I'd run across that fucker using the word "cantos" I'd want to throw my kindle across the house.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

Libertarians can't even build a goddamned road and yet they're supposed to colonize space? lmao

I think that was the plot to Hull Zero Three.

It ended poorly for the colony ship.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

hell yeah, they realized early on that the best Starship Troopers adaptation would be one that ignored the last half of the book and included some rude rear end tittays

Also Doogie Howser running the military intelligence wing giving a friendly how-to video on aiming for the neural ganglia or whatnot.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

It really did

The ending put a big ol' dumb smile on my face.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gringostar posted:

what ended up happening to humanity?

yeah that owned

The part where they set up a bunch of resort planets where everyone wanting to gently caress could do so while the rest just happily cloned themselves and made peace with the guys they'd been fighting for millennia?

Agreed that owned pretty hard, especially when the love interest turned out to have shacked up at relativistic speed so she could survive long enough to see her guy again, which is what I was talking about, you jerk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gringostar posted:

i was talking about how humanity's final form was brown skinned and not white washing poo poo like most sci-fi does

Oh, well it was originally written as the guy's MFA thesis and almost certainly part of his own process of reconciling his time in Vietnam so his inspiration came from a far more real place than Heinlein's beating off to Spartan military fascism or Card's very special boy fantasy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alien rear end Ranch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Baloogan already tried

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Knight posted:

They are easily conned and thought when he said he was going to do things they didn't like, that was just lies to fool the rubes, but he secretly was going to do all the things they wanted.

I've taken to calling them out on this copout. It's such goddamn bullshit, two major loving pillars of his campaign were the wall and the ban, don't come along like an idiot saying you didn't think he was serious about that poo poo, he explained it in interviews repeatedly and every time they asked he was like "yep, absolutely we're gonna" without variance.

They believed he'd do this poo poo, they just didn't think there'd be the backlash. They didn't think the courts would tell him to shove it up his flabby orange rear end. They're just trying to act like all the Germans post war who tried claiming they went along with backing Hitler because he was good for jobs and pride and never thought he'd try killing millions of Jews.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol he shopped the work out to Antonov

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brother Friendship posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

Pope owns so what

I mean I have literally never heard of that in my life but I completely agree, good pope!

This owns and he's been pretty consistent on going after fake catholics in the past, especially the mafia.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's incapable of enunciating a single decent thing. Stemlord Prime.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rudatron posted:

bill clinton signed nafta

Which was sold to the American worker as a way of leveling the playing field against those perfidious foreign competitors.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mariana Horchata posted:

gonna be a beautiful Massachusetts day today - 65 F and sunny af...i already drove to werk with the windows down and arrived with a stupid fkn smile on my face :q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DKkmZMTlk

What's the forecast for the next few days :allears:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh it's next week you want to be looking for the rain, I guess the system that's been chapping the asses of the other side of the country is kind of slow moving.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So his father was the second gunman after GHWB and his mother is a batshit mathematician who grades her son's campaigns. No wonder he's loving strange.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tacodaemon posted:

mojo says trump seems to have a loan of $50 million or more from some secret mystery creditor, maybe:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/02/does-trump-have-mystery-creditor

Heyooo is this the campaign loan forgiveness poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

murked by dragon posted:

i don't understand how some of you poasters manage to poast all day and nite. i have a very stupid and easy job where i look at my phone all day, a somewhat failson lifestyle, and still cant keep up with the thread's Elite Class

You could just fatfinger every single word of your post.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/FairviewFireDis/status/834764823657320448

I was kind of hoping it was higher so the odds would be better in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah prior to becoming President, Barack Obama never visited his grandmother or other family in Hawaii.

• Locked thread