Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Has fun hoss-off with Big Show the crowd is really into, wins cleanly, immediately followed by an opportunistic Roman Reigns attacking the worn out badass, gets his heelish poo poo pushed in while the crowd cheers.

Vince: THEY'RE CHEERING THE WRONG GUY, DAMMIT! What are we doing wrong here?.....no, no it's the fans who are wrong.

Raw Results:

• Owens did a promo badmouthing Goldberg, refused to talk about Chris Jericho.

• Enzo and Big Cass defeated Sheamus and Cesaro and became Number One Contenders for the tag titles

• Mick Foley told Owens that he would face Sami Zayn tonight.

• A tweet by Charlotte calling Bayley's win into question was shown.

• Roman Reigns wanted a match with Strowman but Foley said he'd already booked Strowman/Big Show as the main event. The Club showed up and challenged Roman who accepted it as a handicap match.

• THE Brian Kendrick assaulted Akira Tozawa before the start of their match by faking him out with a handshake.

• The Club "defeated" Roman Reigns by DQ after he beat them up with a steel chair.

• The New Day will host Wrestlemania this year. They did a bit with Jinder, Rusev and Lana regarding the stolen plans for their Ice Cream machine. New Day defeated Jinder and Rusev in a match and stole the ice cream plans.

• Video package memorial for George "The Animal" Steele

• Jack Gallagher and Neville did a contract signing for the Cruiserweight Title. Neville mocked Gallagher for being a stereotype, Gallagher retorted he was the genuine article and chased Neville out of the ring.

• Nia Jax beat Sarah Pierce in 30 seconds.

• Black History month piece on Barack Obama.

• Stephanie McMahon tried to convince Bayley to surrender the Women's title. Sasha Banks came down to support Bayley, Bayley refused to give up the belt and said if Charlotte wants it back she'll have to fight her for it.

• Sasha Banks beat Charlotte after Bayley prevented Dana Brooke from interfering.

• DDP is the latest Hall of Fame entrant

• Sami Zayn did a backstage promo talking poo poo about Samoa Joe and reminding Chris Jericho he warned him about the type of friend Kevin Owens is. Before his match with Owens could start, Samoa Joe attacked Sami from behind. Owens defeated the battered Sami in just over a minute.

• A graphic was shown for the late Ivan Koloff.

• Mick Foley warned Stephanie that he wasn't stupid and the match between Bayley and Charlotte at Fastlane would stand. Stephanie quietly threatened him if he doesn't watch his mouth.

• Paul Heyman hijacked Cole's attempt to interview Brock Lesnar and did a promo while Lesnar sat uncomfortably close to the camera and kept loving with the framing.

• Braun Strowman defeated The Big Show in fairly good match. Roman Reigns attacked Braun after the match but Braun fought him off and beat him up and ended the show standing tall.

• Postshow, The Rock came out to film segments for his new film based on Paige's family. He called CM Punk and got his voicemail, and got the Arena to chant Punk's name as the message.

----------------------------

Smackdown Results:

• Daniel Bryan announced that Naomi's injury was worse than thought and as much as he hated to do it, he had to ask her to relinquish the Women's Title and she would not be able to defend it at Wrestlemania as she had dreamed. The crowd booed her handing the title over but Bryan had them give her a round of applause. Alexa Bliss demanded the title but Bryan instead announced a title match between her and Becky Lynch.

• Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch to win the vacated Women's Title after a cheap shot to the throat while the ref was busy fixing the ring apron which Alexa had pulled clear. Mickie tried to attack Becky postmatch but Becky caught her and knocked her out of the ring.

• Dean Ambrose gave a backstage promo covering being attacked by Corbin last week, and the title opportunity he could get in the Battle Royal tonight. Kalisto did a promo trying to start a Lucha chant. Miz did a promo citing all his achievements, including having a hot wife.

• Nattie claimed Nikki was a fraud and she would expose her "even more than Nikki exposes herself with her lousy wrestling skills!"

• American Alpha defeated The Fashion Police. The Usos come out through the crowd to mock them, and actually did a really good promo about how they have nothing to lose and AA can't ever relax knowing they're around.

• AJ stopped a geek backstage to yell at him, then turned it into a happy joke because he was going to the main event of Wrestlemania! Dolph Ziggler superkicked a backdrop. Mojo Rawley hyped up because he thought he would win the Wrestlemania title spot. Luke Harper warned everybody he was now free and thus they should,"Run!"

• Nikki told Renee she was going to put Nattie behind her tonight just like their friendship was behind them.

• Nattie defeated Nikki in a Falls Count Anywhere match. The match went on all around the ring and up the ramp and into the backstage. During the backstage segment Nikki was pushed into Maryse and knocked her over. Back on the ramp Nikki had the match won when Maryse ran out and assaulted her with a pipe. Miz hauled Maryse away and Nattie pinned Nikki for the win.

• Baron Corbin did a backstage promo about how he loves destruction and hurting people but what he loves most is the spotlight, and when he wins the Battle Royal tonight he will get the spotlight he deserves in the main event of Wrestlemania. Apollo Crews also claimed he would win. Bray and Randy warned everybody that winning the Battle Royal would just be setting themselves up for sacrifice.

• Luke Harper and AJ Styles drew the Battle Royal in controversial fashion when both went over the top rope at the same time and the refs couldn't decide who landed first. Bryan declared they would have a match next week to determine the winner which got the crowd to boo him. Harper hit AJ with a clothesline and posed before the Wrestlemania sign. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton appeared on the titantron, Bray laughing as the show went off the air. Order of elimination was Mojo Rawley, Kalisto, Dolph Ziggler, Apollo Crews, Miz, Baron Corbin, John Cena (!) and Dean Ambrose.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like that it says Braun in the corner of that picture.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Braun

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833895026442670082

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833897710419742720

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833898640141807616

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/833897808004476929

this is so loving weird

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

You know what? I'm tired of this always bad forum dog piling controversial opinions about how real people enjoy wrestling. So I'm here once and for all the set the record straight on you no good Jabroni Marks, so step up and listen to this, jack!

BBBBBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Oh God, Vince really did fire him :ohdear:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Im still at Raw, and this is hands down the most surreal thing I've seen at a live event.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How could anyone think that ending would have done anything for roman as a face

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Just do a Reigns/Braun double turn.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Oh God, Vince really did fire him :ohdear:

I thought Vince and Punk were actually something approaching cool and that HHH was the issue? Or at the very least Vince had done more to reach out. Maybe I'm wrong.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

this is so loving weird

"Hey Punk, this is not a rib, but we got a woman who looks nothing like AJ to play your wife!"

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I love that some dude in production had to make an AJ Lee titantron for the new screens to only be used for this weird thing

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833899233698836480

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833900890599755776

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833901041452253184

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Braun Strowman goddamn owns btw. 100% no irony.

Also Roman was a loving dick all night and got clowned at the end and that was Cool and Good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Disappointed that Paige's stunt double isn't Sandow in a wig.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

How many people in the crowd actually knew they were shooting a movie scene there? Maybe they just got mad about hearing AJ's music and not getting the real AJ.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

How many people in the crowd actually knew they were shooting a movie scene there? Maybe they just got mad about hearing AJ's music and not getting the real AJ.

Rock came out before it went live earlier tonight and announced it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Aw. :shobon:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Benne posted:

Rock was directing them in chants for purposes of the movie, so, everyone

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Rock: Aww poo poo I knew I forgot to say something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Aphrodite posted:

Rock came out before it went live earlier tonight and announced it.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Rock was directing them in chants for purposes of the movie, so, everyone

Alright, I guess I'm jumping the gun. It'll probably look fine in the final version, this is hardly the first time a movie shot with live crowds and had to edit around unfavorable responses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope Rock was calling Punk so they could laugh at how nice it is to be rich but no longer subject to the whims of a crazed Irishman :shobon:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Dear god the way they did the Bayley angle sounds like the worst possible way of doing this.

What's wrong with this loving company?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

I hope Rock was calling Punk so they could laugh at how nice it is to be rich but no longer subject to the whims of a crazed Irishman :shobon:

"I hope April won't be too mad that Thea Trinidad looks nothing like her. Nothing personal."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also is that the original Divas title they're using for this movie? I thought Charlotte's dad would've pawned it by now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/833905165145145344

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought Vince and Punk were actually something approaching cool and that HHH was the issue? Or at the very least Vince had done more to reach out. Maybe I'm wrong.

Until WWE drops their vindictive lawsuit I really can't see this being true

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/833898885504331776

Bizarre.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Braun can be a big deal. I want WWE to be smart enough to cut bait and have Braun squash Roman.

Also, Enzo's months of being terrible in the ring, getting beaten up, and talking poo poo and hiding behind Cass resulted in loving SHEAMUS getting cheered tonight, which greatly pleased me

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Benne posted:

"I hope April won't be too mad that Thea Trinidad looks nothing like her. Nothing personal."

I wonder if it was bad relations, AJ Lee wanting too much money (lol considering the budget this movie seems to have). Probably mainly WWE and AJ not getting along.

I can't get over that they did the thing of Bayley was so happy last week, told everyone to watch it oh my god I'm so happy, and didn't watch it back herself and find out she won via cheating. I wonder who had the bright idea to have Stephanie advocate doing the honourable thing to make it seem like a bad idea.

I like how they brought in a 5 foot girl to play a 5 foot 2 girl. They look like children in there (including the bad costumes).

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 21, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Vince still fired him on his wedding day.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is cool. :3:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Punk is also smart enough to see when people are deflecting. Maybe Vince didn't organise to fire him on the wedding day, but he did never decide to get behind him, and allowed (or organised) the company to dick him around for years and never treat him as the star he obviously was.

Otherwise, people say that Punk has kept very few of his friends from wrestling. He appears to have gone ridiculously sour over the whole affair.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Tato posted:

Braun can be a big deal. I want WWE to be smart enough to cut bait and have Braun squash Roman.

Also, Enzo's months of being terrible in the ring, getting beaten up, and talking poo poo and hiding behind Cass resulted in loving SHEAMUS getting cheered tonight, which greatly pleased me

Man if you told me six months ago that I would hate Enzo & Cass and love it when Cesaro & Sheamus came out

I really don't know man

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like that the cruiseweight division hasn't been bogged down with endless title rematches

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Braun is good. Raw is good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

cheese sandwich posted:

Man if you told me six months ago that I would hate Enzo & Cass and love it when Cesaro & Sheamus came out

I really don't know man

i would say "yeah that sounds about par for the course"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

So in the event THE BIG DOG overcomes the odds which are no doubt the club and Braun at Fastlane, what does BRAUN do at 'Mania? If the rumored retirement of the previous owner of the yard is true via the big dog, I'm not sure who that leaves him to wrestle. Corbin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

Punk is also smart enough to see when people are deflecting. Maybe Vince didn't organise to fire him on the wedding day, but he did never decide to get behind him, and allowed (or organised) the company to dick him around for years and never treat him as the star he obviously was.

Otherwise, people say that Punk has kept very few of his friends from wrestling. He appears to have gone ridiculously sour over the whole affair.

Selfishly I hope he "finds his smile" again but I'm also glad to see him happy and healthy and whatever so that's cool too.

• Locked thread